People's times, what is posted on this forum.

Do you have confidence in the times people post in the "Signature Block"

• No - I think they are made up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
OK Guys as a few guys had a little disagreement about this in the general section. Best thing we can do is have a annonymous poll about what was being discussed

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Are you campaigning or intimidating, Carl? :*text deleted*:

Right back to work for me,

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
think im a little heavy handed for that *text deleted* id end up forcing someone at gun point to agree with me :evil: :evil: :evil:

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There should be an option for sometimes I believe there times sometimes i dont. Like I said i dont believe ALL people can get those amazing times and scores. And although I do concentrate on my self it sets an impossible standard for a young lad looking to attend the PRMC.

I dont want to start arguing with you Lord carl because if I did everyone else would and before long this site would turn into mfat. I just think there could have been 10 different ways you could ahve replied to my post in a 'polite' way. Anyway, no hard feelings and good luck for the rest of your RT.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Whether people can do the times or not shouldn't really bother nobody, who cares!!, all it does for you is get you down, depressed and worried about the PRMC when you should be concentrating mentally on the tasks ahead, a lot of people fail the course because they try and push themsleves and keep up with the fastest man and 2 mins later there walking when if they kept at there own pace they would of breezed through it, which is what i nearly did on my first PRMC.

I'm not a runner, I weigh 14 stone 5 and think the best time i have ever done 3 miles in is around 22 mins (which is probably been kind!) and i'm over the moon with that!!, as i used to be 19stone+ over a year ago, and couldn't jog 10 yards!!

I just passed PRMC in december with very good scores in my opinion and came 18th out of 30 on the run with a time of 9.25 (all that worry before hand eh greywing). First place came in at around 8.15 and if i'd of kept up with them i wouldn't be posting on here as i would of failed and that would of been me done.

The end of they day stop worrying about other people as your only preparing yourself for failure, stick to your own training your own times and concentrate on your own targets!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Chris5818 said:
The end of they day stop worrying about other people as your only preparing yourself for failure, stick to your own training your own times and concentrate on your own targets!
Spot on.

The idea of this site is to encourage & help each other. Pee-ing contests & slanging matches aren't what we're about - there's plenty of sites that seem to relish that sort of behaviour (often it's directed at me too! :*text deleted**:) but let's keep it civil on this one. Thanks.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
as i said in another thread...everyone is different..

i can bang out loads of pull ups.....but another dude can piss on me at push ups.

as long as any individual that works hard at getting close or above the scores need for prmc ...that is good enough i think...

and as long as they show incredible effort on the 3 days....you will do well..

there was a guy called dazoodaz or summit...

he was super human, with super human scores...but he played rugby for years...was a personal trainer for years, as his job!....lived eat, *text deleted* pt...he explained to me that it took years of beatings, and plenty of throwing up to get where he got to.

most of us have been training from around a few weeks to about 5 months in prep for prmc

so dont worry about any one else, worry about you.....and....only worry if your doin bugger all PT and getting know where and wondering why!

so look at things with decent perspective...think at the end of RT and what you will be capable of then?!.... and for that matter what you will of earned by the end of it.

thats all that matters gentlemen!

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Opinion

Guys: The general opinion is worry about your own times. Not other people's. Ultimately, the proof is in the pudding. i.e. when you arrive at CTC you need to produce the goods as required. If you're waffling about your times, then the only person you are kidding is yourself. However, you could also call it harmful banter or wishful thinking, if it isn't accurate. :*text deleted*:

Like Alan said, we're all different, you'll find people excel in different areas. i.e. endurance, upper body strength etc.

I recall a guy in my troop during training. Throughout the first half (15 weeks or so) he was absolutely dynamite in the gymnasium. However, once we hit the Botton Field things changed quite a bit and he struggled.

The moral of the story is, try your very best at all times. Becasue that's what counts and that doesn't mean you have to come first all of the time!

Cheers

Steve

greenlid

Reaction score
Train Hard, Fight Easy. All you can do is try your best :wink: If your "best" ain't good enough at the moment then keep cracking on and in time IT WILL COME :D