Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Peroneal Tendonitis

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by bobo, Jan 14, 2019.

1. bobo

bobo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    alright lads, been to the doctors and I have Peroneal Tendonitis. Anyone have any experience with this or any advice?
    Cheers

2. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Without meaning to sound sarcastic did you ask the doctor? Maybe try a private physio, could be problematic if a minor issue (although could be major) like that appears on your medical report.

3. bobo

bobo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yes doctor said rest and ibruprofen only asking as someone who’s had it may know another good method of rehab. Private physio is a good shout just the cost of it means it isn’t usually my first port of call

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The bold bits in my post are for emphasis. :)

I am not a medical professional and I am not qualified to advise but I'd strongly suggest following your GP's advice about rest. While you are resting the limb maybe book another GP appointment to discuss your career aspirations. He or she can then explain appropriate therapy options.

Rest is not a sign of weakness and rehab follows rest; don't reverse the process or you risk a tendon rupture which will make matters worse. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobo

bobo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I guess you may think rest is good idea ;)
    Have been resting and icing for the past week will most likely book a gp appointment, such a shame since I’ve just passed pjft and am itching for Prmc.
    Cheers

6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yes, but to be honest, my opinion isn't really relevant. Your GP advised it and it seems a waste to ignore a GP's years of med school, subsequent GP training and professional experience.

From one who attempted to speed up recovery and 'rehab' himself by attempting pull-ups two weeks after sustaining fractures to ribs and clavicle. :(

7. bobo

bobo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yes I’ve no intention of going against the doctors advice just trying to see if anyone has had the same injury and has any advice that worked for them. I can relate to your failed attempt of self rehab from my football days, patience is a virtue I suppose.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1