Phase 1

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright lads!

Been a while since i was lat on here but just thought i'd give you an update on my progress! Start week 16 tomorrow and phase 2 of training, no more rainbow belt for moi :bigsmile:
Its been a long 15weeks with as many ups as downs but you just *text deleted* keep crackin on! If anyone has any questions feel free to message me or whatever!

Ninja & GW - How's things these days ??

Shiloh.

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
I'm quite new to this mate..
So your already in RT then, is it as hard as it gets made out?? I can't wait untill I get in basically only just start the application though, but i think I'm fit enough.
hows your fitness improved so far?? How many can you do now in the sit-ups 3 miler ect..??
Cheers
Dan

RC

Reaction score
Welcome back mate.

Well done so far. Keep up the good work !

Rich.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
can u post your workout routine that you were doing before RT ?

also well done so far keep it up :rock:

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
How you getting on mate??, What week are you on?.. Stick in there buddy!:rock:

Sam

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey up fella, those 16 weeks have a flown by! Half way there now buddy! Hang in there.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
no more rainbow belt for moi
What is this rainbow belt business? and what other belt do you replace it with? and whats the difference?

S

Sotiris

Brilliant! So they get rid of that bloody belt! Hehe the one reason I would not want to be a Marine :uglyhammer:.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The Corp pattern belt is not that bad is it?

I always like the way we were taught to remember the colours:

Royal Marines come from the blue sea
and assault the gold beaches,
then they yomp across the green grass,
beforing killing the enemy, leaving the grass red,
and then they sod back off to the blue sea in time for tea.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
One thing I hated about The corp pattern belt was when you were in a rush to get into your rigs on it was a fiddley little bugger to get on *text deleted*

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiy guys!

Sorry for the late replies but as some off you many know its all go at certain weeks off training, especially like the ones i've just been through (wks 16 & 17)!

Just thought i'd drop you another insight in to RT - As i hang my head in shame (*text deleted*...), I'd just like to let you all know i've just completed a weekend of "poor admin routine", some off you may already know what this is. If not its a complete ball ache and means you bascially lose your weekend as you have extra parades at various times & locations all over camp.
Lads, moral off the story is when you de-service your kit from the field make sure you check it again the next day or before you're next inspection. Unlike me it slipped my mind and i got done for it, (well me & 16 others *text deleted*..) - You're probably all asking what could i have done so wrong ... well i'll tell you - Water marks on my entrenching tool = a weekend off poor admin or "Badmin" as its now nick named!

Anyways, enough of me dripping - Firstly cheers for all the encouragement guys good to see support from the guys on here! Now here goes with a few replies -

Dan Boxer:
As for my fitness mate you find it goes up and down at certain points in training due to exercises that you do, weight loss and weeks where you dont do much phys all that good stuff! Press up wise, i've always been crap at press ups! So i never really see an improvement in the amount i can do in 1 go bought stamina wise i can keep doing them with short breaks in between if that makes any sense at all! The thing you need to realise mate about training is that your constantly tired out and i mean tired so you're not getting the proper recover time like you would training outside of lympstone, if sure if i rested like i used to before i joined up i'd see mega improvements.

Ipodbob:
As for my workout routines mate you'll find them under this link http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=707

Rusty92:
In just going into week 18 tomorrow mate, just finished "death by bottom field" week!

Mack15:
Pcambell has already filled you in with the info & history behind the belt, the core pattern belt also signifies that you're still in phase 1 of training. Once you pass Ex Baptist Run you then wear a plain green "field" belt.

Pcampbell:
As for the core pattern belt, i didint mean i disliked it just meant that when you've got 3minutes to get changed from one rig to another and you have to put that belt on it takes ages, hence you end up late and with big arms *text deleted*... You know what i mean mate !

Jay2401:
As for getting on the net, you'll not have much time at all in phase 1, except maybe weekends and that to get on the net but you can use the learning centre to access the net if you dont have a laptop. As for bringing one down with you i'd wait until your training team said it was ok, we werent really allowed them until wk 12/13

Hope the replies help guys!

Shiloh.

RC

Reaction score
I bet that entrenching tool will be shining from now on though *text deleted*.

Keep up the good work Shiloh - nearly there !

Rich.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cool, good info, thanks for updating us.

I've got a Q about Laptops/Internet, is it Wifi they have and do you get it in your rooms or do you have to go to the learning centre?

Just seeing if I should take my laptop or get a PDA/Phone/Tablet with internet.

New Threads