Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

phase one

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by sparrow legs, Feb 16, 2008.

1. sparrow legs

sparrow legs New Member

hi going on prmc next wkend not making too many assumptions that i'm going to pass but you have to be confident especially if you've put in the hard work:weightlifting:

I was just thinking if any of the more experinced users could advise on what the phase one might involve? i'm thinking they are going to severly test your resolve and commitment to be there ie cold wet lots of bull*text deleted**text deleted* thrown in for good measure? any advice help and tips would be appreciated, I'm ready to give it my all just like to be prepared

2. RC

RC Active Member

Alright Mate,

Which Detachment are you hoping to join ?

Phase 1 for us ( RMR Mersey ) involved learning mainly individual skills. Starting with the basics such as weapon drills, cooking scran, building a shelter, introduction to harbours, sentry routines, night vision lectures, judging distance, fire control orders, cam and conceilment, stalking, navigation / resections and my favourite .... wet and dry *text deleted*.

We started yomping on the first night with full kit. We did about 2 miles at a very fast pace -probably the hardest yomp I have ever done. Each weekend the distance increased.

Same with speed marching. I think the first march was a 3 ( ? ) miler carrying our rifle only, without webbing. From then on distances and weight we're increased gradually.

As for bullsh1t, yeah, I'm sure you will find the training team try and open your eyes very early on. Plenty of thrashings, kit inspections were almost impossible to pass for the first few weekends .... no matter how good your kit was. There seems to be a massive emphasis on the speed of carrying out orders, everything has to be done at hundred miles per hour. No gortex allowed, just enough time allocated to cook and eat scran before you are off again.

Hope this helps.

If you have any specific questions, fire away mate.

Rich.

3. sparrow legs

sparrow legs New Member

rmr cambridge mate really enjoying it, were still getting up and running at the mo but there's a top bunch of lads there that should make phase one a bit more enjoyable.

Are you in phase two or have you earned your green lid now?

4. RC

RC Active Member

Nice one ... Good luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience.

I've earned my lid, I left last year ... Unfortunately.

Rich.