Photographs

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Well I suppose it would be prudent to post some photographs at some point for you guys. Any chance of someone telling me how I can do this?

Cheers

Steve

SR

Reaction score
go on imageshack.us

Browse for the photo.

Then click on the drop down menu where it says resize image change it to (messageboards).

Click host it.

Highlight the hotlinks for forums then its done.

There you go Ste :)

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya,

Thanks for the pics its nice to finally put a face to you :-D Those abeiling drills look scary as hell, but on the same note probably as fun as hell *text deleted*.

All the best

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This might sound dumb, but oh well. Is the bottom field the same as the Tarzan assault course ?, or are they 2 different exercises ?.

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im pretty sure there 2 different exercises mate. Im sure ive read that once you've done the tarzan course you sprint down to the bottom field to do the obstacle course.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Bottom Field

TY: Phoenix is right mate. The bottom field is down away from the Tarzan Course. It holds the 30 foot ropes, the assault course and the Regain Tank. This is where you also do your fireman's carry.

All good stuff.

Cheers

Steve

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers Steve, won't get tired of looking at them.

Can I ask, the photo of you, was that the LMG used at the time?

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
LMG

Yes, but only on a firing range that day. Its a great weapon and is very accurate.

Best Regards

Steve

greenlid

Reaction score
Great pictures Steve, great to see the man behind the books. Look forward to see a few more. :D

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Pictures

I'm glad you like them. There's plenty of more to come. I'll post them in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Steve

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Arctic Phots

Here's another couple of phots from my archives. We used to do the river crossing drills every year during arctic warfare training exercises. The water was as ever ferking freezing:

Cheers

Steve

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
some good pics there! i always look at them arctic pics and wonder how do you not sink with all that weight and a pair of ski's on your feet with your hands full too... madness!

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
River Crossing

Your kit in your bergen is inside a plastic bin liner to help keep it dry. When you cross frozen rivers you loosen your bergen straps and lower it down on your back. This helps you to get it off quickly if you do go through the ice. When you hit the water, you release your bergen and sling it onto the frozen ice, then you claw your way out with your ski poles.

It feels like your balls hit you in the throat when you initially sink in the water. Its fffffrrrreeezzzing. :shock: :D

Cheers

Steve

jurkitout

Reaction score
steve these pics r ace! how long wer u in 4? im joining my training group feb 11th canot w8!! *text deleted* wanted this 4 so long nd its finaly hear it feals sereal. i think il love trainin, any advice or words of wisdom haha.

thanx
AL

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Phots

I'm glad you like them. I've got plenty more. I just need to find the time to scan them.

Cheers

Steve

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Loving it Ste, when I get in I'm hoping for 45, really into the whole thing of Arctic training e.t.c.

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
some great pics steve, when reading your book, I tried to visulize for myself the camps but now I know what they look like! *text deleted* the books a great read!

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
got any ones of you after a night out with the lads totaly hanging?