phsycical help??

lewiss

Reaction score
Heyhey,

Really sorry, this has probs all been covered before...

Could someone tell me all the requirements you need to pass for training as an officer??

Also, what kinda jobs do pilots carry out in the marines, I'm really interested in being part of an attack force as opposed to piloting a Chinook or other troop carrier?

Ahanks alot, Lewis.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
this is the RMR section mate? you know that?
As for officer ( in the RMR) you have to pass the PJFT 1.5miles in less than 10 minutes, you then have to pass the Selection Weekend, 3 miles, press-ups, sit-ups etc.. You then have to pass phase 1, before starting applying for officer.

lewiss

Reaction score
oh right cool, so nothing I didn't know about.

Yeah i thought 'RMR' meant royal marines recruitment, (some where to ask questions about recruitment).

FutureMarine

Reaction score
You then have to pass phase 1, before starting applying for officer.

Does that mean even if you orginally applied for soldier aslong as you let them know by the end of phase 1 you want to be an officer you can still do it? :sleeping:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Could someone tell me all the requirements you need to pass for training as an officer??

Also, what kinda jobs do pilots carry out in the marines, I'm really interested in being part of an attack force as opposed to piloting a Chinook or other troop carrier?

Ahanks alot, Lewis.

Welcome Lewis,

RM Officer training last about 14 months, the POC Sticky should give you an idea about Officer selection & the link below will take you to the Officer training schedule on the official RM website.

Most RM pilots are utilised in the rotary wing "recon" role in Lynx helos or troop carrying in Sea Kings. There are literally one or two RM fast jet pilots. If you want to drive a ground attack helicopter (Apache), you need to join the Army Air Corps.

The Commandos only hang onto the outside of apaches whilst recovering fallen comrades. The Army guys are the ones that get the decorations it seems.

Rescue Newsreel