Phycometic Test

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've got my phycometric test tomorrow at 10 in chelmsford, so i figure i drive up there stick 3 hours in the parking meter to be safe... ill wear black trousers with a white shirt tie and a poppy ofcourse (ill also have a shave) get there about 15-10 minutes early and do my best.

Does anyone know how many marks out of 30 you need for each section especialy the maths? im scoring about 27 outta 30 but not so high on the maths

Any replies appreciated

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
you meed 60% to pass I believe.

It's really easy mate, its all just common sense. The maths is fairly difficult I guess but if you practice your long multiplication you'll fly through. My gcse in maths that i got 6 years ago was enough for most questions and the rest were long multiplication which i looked up online and practiced for 2 weeks before, so I should have got near on 100%

There were some right numpties with us and they still passed.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Matt, yeah i've got a C in maths *text deleted* but the way they ask the questions is strange.

If worse comes to the worse and i fail how long would i have to wait to try it again?

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
bugger me thats a long time pressure is on for tomorrow:rock:

I think it would be best to take it slow and get them right on the Maths one ??????????????

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i would put 4 + hrs on ya car mate , if u are doing ya eye test ( which they book for you ) it could be later on in the day

Ben

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

I think it would be best to take it slow and get them right on the Maths one ??????????????

Not really, the best idea is to go pretty quick and mark a question on each answer, any question you are not too sure you've answered right, just put a little star next to it, then when you've finished that section and there is still time left, go back to all the ones with a star and give them another look.

Its more important that all the questions are answered, because if you just guess, you might get it right, if you don't put anything, you WILL get it wrong!!

I always found I had time at the end, so i went back to the stars and sometimes noticed something I hadn't before and quickly changed the answer.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Would not say take it slow as its a timed test, do the ones you can first, then come back to the ones that are harder. Dont sit too long on a question.

Dont worry about it too much, just relax and go with it.