phycometric test!

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was in the recruiting office yesterday doing my psychometric test we did the usuall routine where they get *text deleted* nhs number etc. then we moved on to the test i only answered 17 out of the maths section. when i was sitting there i waited for around 45 mins and they called out everyones names (there was about 15) except me and this other bloke which was there i thought that i had failed i had to wait another 45 minuets and then they finally called me and this other bloke which was there and we had passed scariest and weirdest day of my life only two of us passed the test :S find that really strange *text deleted*

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It is a bit nerve-wracking when you have to wait to find out whether you passed or not as the test papers have to be manually marked & checked BEFORE you are told- it can take 30 minutes or more to mark that many papers & obviously those that do not make the grade have to be taken out and spoken with one-to-one, as are those that don't pass for their preferred trade, but may score high enough for alternative jobs.

I think the Army method of testing is much quicker, there's much less chance of error & is generally more "humane" simply because it's computer based.

It is arguable however, that we also assess whether you can use a sharp impliment (a pencil) without injuring yourself unduly & are therefore suitable to be trained.

matthewwookie

Reaction score
At least you guys find out the same day, SouthernComfort and I are going for RMR at Henley and the AFCO officer was nice enough to go along in the evening to give us our test...but all we could hear was a group of lads in phase 1 training getting beasted in the hall then told we had to wait until the next day for the results.

Was shocked at how tight the times were, but passed so its all good :*text deleted*: 8)

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Only 2 of you passed the test, *text deleted* me. Well done anyway man! whats next your selection int.. ?