Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Phys during RMR training

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by crossjitsu, Jun 16, 2020.

1. crossjitsu

crossjitsu New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi All
    Im starting RMR training shortly. I understand we will have to do alot of the phys in our own time, will we be given a set program to follow by the PTI's or are we on our own to program for ourselves?

Many thanks

2. thegingerone

thegingerone Royal Marines Commando

We had phys programs during our leave periods, so you may expect something similar. Hoofing

• Like Like x 1
  3. JP1992

JP1992 New Member

Hi mate,

I am also joining RMR hopefully make this years intake but doubt it due to this Covid-19 situation. What unit are you joining?

4. crossjitsu

crossjitsu New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    RMR London. I think if you've not had a f2f medical you've missed the boat for London. That's what I've been told.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JP1992

JP1992 New Member

Oh right i see I'm London also. Im just waiting for a date for my f2f medical so looks like im not going to make this year.

6. crossjitsu

crossjitsu New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I was in the same boat last year, failed my f2f medical and had to appeal. It was overturned but I missed the 2019 intake.
    My advice would be to get it confirmed that you have missed this year's intake, and if so delay your f2f medical until August. The medical is only valid for one year so if you get it done now it won't be valid for next year's intake and you'll have to do it again.
    Good luck mate

7. JP1992

JP1992 New Member

Ok cheers for the heads up mate. How did you find it waiting another whole year to start?

Good luck with training

8. crossjitsu

crossjitsu New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I tried to put it to the back of my mind and focus on fitness. You have a full year to get as fit as possible.
    I wouldn't bother with holding troop until January, there won't be many people attending before then and it's all a bit disjointed. I live a fair way away from the Det so this played a part in my thinking, if you live nearby then you may as well go.
    Assuming things go back to normal and depending on your fitness level you could do the PRMC with RMR Bristol, Feb/March time, Gets it out of the way, and if you fail you can have another crack in the June/July with RMR London.
    I'd also get on a Royal Marines Experience day, they run quite often, you'll be buzzing afterwards and will keep you keen whilst you're waiting.
    I bought myself a pair of Altberg boots and have broken them in, not sure if this will pay off yet, i'm hoping we get issued the same boots and i can wear mine, don't tell anybody!

Good luck and hang in there it will soon come around.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JP1992

JP1992 New Member

Cheers for the info mate. Sure the time will fly by and will be in training before i know it.

10. Quenners

Quenners Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hey all, I would check in with your det and CA. I've been told I could be loaded on an ROP in August if I can get f2f medical cleared up by 24th July. I have VPJFT+ next week. Worth a follow up!

• Like Like x 2