Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Physcometric Test

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Ricey2019, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Ricey2019

Ricey2019 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Have used this page for tips a lot very beneficial cheers, as I have the psychometric test on the 3rd December and have been using the Royal Navy practice tests to revise it quite confident with it *text deleted* but was wondering how similar are the mock questions to the real questions.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The practice test questions on the Royal Navy website are actually extracted from the three versions of the genuine Recruit Test. The only difference is the numerical values used are slightly different.

The really bizarre aspect of this is the fact that the recruiting organisation completely ignores that the whole idea of true psychometric testing to evaluate intellectual capacity is supposed to be measured without prior preparation...then pats itself on the back by publishing the test online and noting the remarkable improvement in the percentage increase of succesful applicants, having nullified any reason behind having a test. You couldn't make it up. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. Ricey2019

Ricey2019 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    So more or less the recruiting organisation are basically creating a recruit test based on memory

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Precisely, with regard the type of questions, but not with regards the correct answers or their sequence.

5. Ricey2019

Ricey2019 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Seems rather easy in fairness, although I am confident in all 4 subjects I could see the mechanical comprehension stage being a problem for some people but I suppose with the mock similarity it shouldn’t be too difficult

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The mechanical comprehension section in the practice test is pretty much identical to the real test as the university tasked to produce the online version didn't bother changing it to any great extent.

7. Ricey2019

Ricey2019 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    How hilarious that the one section that would be most likely to cause people troubles is the most similar I mean I suppose I can’t complain if they’re choosing to make it that simple

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yep, they binned the recruit test for Officer candidates in their infinite wisdom as it was felt it wasn't necessary for graduates. Watch this space with regard the re-invention of a circular object that revolves around an axle....

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Turns out, I've just been informed the Recruit Test for Officer candidates is back.

I must have ESP.

What is amusing, having had another look at the latest version of the online practice test, which has finally been changed so it's not identical....is if you score low, the script reads something like "could do better, try again". You then retake the exact same questions so the test becomes a memory test rather than a psychometric test.

10. Ricey2019

Ricey2019 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Even after being changed is it still similar to the real test?

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yes

12. Ricey2019

Ricey2019 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Getting between 96-100% on all of the 4 tests made far easier by the fact once you have memorised them it’s basically impossible to get them wrong, just wondering ninja if you think that I should be confident with passing comfortably with them revision scores or find extra websites to practice on as my test is tomorrow cheers

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Answering the same questions repeatedly until a pass is achieved won't help much. It's worth using a variety of free online tests to get used to problem solving at speed.

What catches most people out is the pace at which the tests need to be completed.

14. ThatCrazyCat

ThatCrazyCat New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Pretty sure there were a couple of questions which were literally identical to the ones found in the mock. I took my psychometric a couple months ago.

The biggest concern is time, a lot of guys were surprised at how short the duration is. Don't waste too much time contemplating the answer to a question, just move on quickly. I must have missed a good 10 questions in one section but I still passed. Not sure by how much, but it's absolutely worth thoroughly going over the mocks and not spending too long on a tricky question.

15. Ricey2019

Ricey2019 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    How did you find the mechanical comprehension section mate

16. ThatCrazyCat

ThatCrazyCat New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Spent too much time overanalysing the questions, as I said they're almost identical to the online one, just slightly changed but with the same gist. A lot of trick questions which waste your already short amount of time.

17. Ricey2019

Ricey2019 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Same mate I had my test earlier today and thankfully passed it

• Winner Winner x 1