Pics From Motorbike and Scooter show 2007 NEC

pompey606

Reaction score
couple of pics from the bike show, apologies for the oversized me!
there was so much to see and do i hardly got my phone out so there arnt alot, luckily i cant find the pics my dad took of my lankey ass on the minimotos!!! couldnt get round the u turns because i couldnt turn sharp! one lad (they go 40 mpg) was going round the long sweeping corner, he used the BACK brake...genius.. bike slips under him at about 30 mph, what does he do, HANG ON TO THE BARS ive never seen something so funny in my life, a fully grown man scraping along the ground at 30mpg with a minimoto attached... he hit the barrier, went through, onto the go karting track they had set up.. still holding up... he got up and he was fine so it was all shits and giggles...

personal fav, this is the new R6, sadly this is the only shot i have, you cant see the beautiful new front which looks like a spiders mouth about to eat the road up, you can see the new back, which is very thin and high off the ground a bit like old r6 but when you see it in person it is very very thin. best bike of the show for me

comic bike, transformers bike, amazing paint job, the helmet is actully a wearable helmet and there are lazer guns on each wheel arch! sorry for quality it was only my phone

one of the many bikes rossi road this year, this one was all clean and was very nice to see his GP bike in person.

charley boorman there signing books as always, no ewan but who cares charley is much cooler! they had cladio and charleys bike there, also the Pegg lad from the dakar had his bike there which was cool, complete with the crazy hard paper naviagation wheel they have to use, very cool indeed.

me on my future gixer... i wish! this is the new gixer and it looks like a gixer in everyway but i still think it is brilliant. notice the awsome rizzla bike up above me, very nice indeed

there where picks of my dad and bro on the new harleys but i decided not to disgrace this forum with them... also one of chalreys bike so im sorry i cant find that

(hope i dont break any copyright showing these!)

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How much does the new R6 set someone back, love these bikes along with the CBR600rr.

pompey606

Reaction score
oh man prices, il look it up and see if i can find it but i havent got the slightest about the new one, it was the only new bike that was only on the turntable, none to sit on and no price guide if i remeber.

pompey606

Reaction score

pic of the front of the new r6... see what i mean with the spider and eating you up

EDIT: NOT NEW R6

pompey606

Reaction score
im not sure this is the same r6 i saw ass i saw the 2007/08 model but this is the 06 model but i just like the front anyway, sorry for the misconseption

the new r6 has a much flatter fairing with less air intakes and it looks smoothier and sexyer

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* does when you look at it

:cry: thats beautiful

pompey606

Reaction score

had to post this, 2003 r6, my fav of them all and my next bike if i ever get out of RT!

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
WOW all the models are pretty dam sexy 8)
O yea, only six days are something like till your RT? good luck! Wish it was me :*text deleted*:, someday :D

pompey606

Reaction score
cheers mate, im bricking it *text deleted* cause im not at a fit enough state to say im happy but i just hope i am fit enough to get on with

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You'll be alright, i bet there will be people there that are alot worse or feel the same as you, just crack on and pop out the other side greener :*text deleted*:

pompey606

Reaction score
yeah cheers mate, one thing i had on prmc was determination, i was definatly not the fittest lad there but i think i showed spirit in the determination test, just hope that shines through in foundation!

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
I wanted to go to this but couldnt get the time off work.The new R6 look nice but ive sort of got the Suzuki vibe going on so wont be defecting yet :twisted:

As for the gixer,it wouldnt be a gixer unless it looked like the model shape before-nothing too radical I see.

My plan is to keep my Gixer 600 at home during RT (with the occasional ride during leave) and treat myself to a brand new 1000 when I pass out providing I aint posted to Afghan straight away :wink:

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds good globe *text deleted*. If I ever meet you we'll have to go on a ride sometime. I'd be buying a bike too.

H00L3Y D4N

Reaction score
sweet im going on thursday! whoohoo. brand new gixxer 600 or R6 for me, thats when my restrictions up (1 half years left). yeah pompey i bet you wish you could have that gixxer thousend, my dads got zx10r...FAST AS FCUK. the front wheel just lifts up.MINT! good luck with RT, me soon hopefully see you down there matey.

pompey606

Reaction score
cheers dan, im thinking of doing my full test when i come back for christmas leave, that way i can get a 250 or even get a r6 or gixer and have it restricted to 33bhp.. still it all boils down to money.. i do love my cbr but i really am sick of going 70 mph.. the other day i was overtaking a lorry, we hit a hill.. and he starting edging ahead.. so i had to slow down and go behind him! got him on the next downhill though the bastard!

pompey606

Reaction score
*text deleted* i think the show is running all this week as well as the weekend

H00L3Y D4N

Reaction score
hahaha yeh i know what you mean bud, sucks dont it, i got to 45mph ahead of a civic type R then when it got to about 50 it just went... :P BOOOOOOOO! i would put a picture in but i dont know how

pompey606

Reaction score
i just hope some way i meet that trucker when i have a r6.. then il overtake him, stop, and overtake him again the mug!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tom7 Motivational pics of recruits in training General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 1
M Funny pics/ vids! Jollies Bar 1
Peter.G Chinook pics Jollies Bar 4