Piercing's

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know they are not allowed in the RM, I have no problem with that. But I have two microdermals (like normal piercings, but cannot be easily removed) in my chest. Now the problem with this is I will have to have them cut out when I finally need them out, again I have no problem with this. But it does mean that I need to know exactly when they HAVE to be out by.

What I'm asking is, there must be a certain point in my application where I will no longer be allowed them in? I cannot see it being the interview or recruitment tests, but I was thinking I would have to have them out before the medical?

I would have them taken out now, but seeing as I only got the done a few months ago, I want to have them as long as possible!

Ross.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Not entirely sure what is to be gained by keeping them as long as possible as the ultimate outcome is already known & unless you actually gain anything by having them, it's probably best to lose them soon before they start "rusting"
18.gif

You'll either be told at medical that they need to be removed before you undergo PRMC or before commencing Recruit Training.

Under no circumstances attend PRMC with them still affixed as you will potentially inflict a great harm/infection/injury.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i should think that you would need them out befor your medical

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* @ Ninja, I spent £50 on having them done, so I'm getting my monies worth!! :D

If I were to go to my medical with them in (bearing in mind they're either in, or cut out) would I be classed medically unfit until they are removed? Or would he just say 'get them out before you start PRMC'.

Also Ninja, is there any chance you could find out for definite for me? I know it doesn't seem a lot, but it's not going to be easy taking them out as I have to have them cut out etc etc, so will need to get it all booked.

Ross.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'll try to find out for certain, but won't see our Doc until next week. Different Medical Examiners may possibly view it differently at the point of having your medical, so it's probably worth asking you local Medical Examiner before your Medical for a definitive answer if keeping them an extra few weeks is important to you.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks pal.

It's not a few weeks that will make the difference, but say I had to have them about before I even had an interview (for arguments sake) or if I could keep them in until start of RT - That is a good few months.

Josh

Reaction score
no *text deleted* ive got my nipple pierced and had it in on the medical just has to be out on prmc and rt.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks man,

Used to have mine done a few years back. Awesome it was, until everyone else started getting it done :/

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
And I thought having my ear peirced was gay haha. Whatever tickles your fancy I suppose. A nipple peircing can be removed at any point after it's "healing" period but a microdermal can only be ripped out (if you like pain, puking, tears and watching your chest bleed puss) or profesionally cut out (if you like pain aswell but without the previous side effects). So therefore 'probably' more likely needed to be removed before a medical especially for the RM.

Consult your AFCO and show then your nipplesssss, I'm sure they'll be suitably impressed and able to direct you accordingly.

Ash

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* I only had one nipple done. Had it out about 2 years ago now, took it out for rugby and never put it back in - thank God!

AS for the 'dermals, yup they have to be cut out or ripped out. Saying that, one one of them is rejecting so it will grow out by its self. Leaving me with, what will look like, a nail right in my heart :) ... and some pretty awesome scars.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Now there's a dit for the kids of the future eh?

Josh

Reaction score
*text deleted* mine look awsome the bar changes colour in the light. i did take it out when i went to meet the marines in birmingham but two weeks later the hole still there so its back in :P

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Mine might well still be in, the only problem was; each rugby game I took it out to play. The game lasted what, 80 mins? So that is how long the bar was out for, bearing in mind it had been done for 6 months prior to removing it. Well, come the end of the game I had to re-pierce the hole with the bar, anyone who has those bars will know how blunt they are.

Anyway, too much hassle (and pain) to left it out to heal. I now have one nipple that only 'gets hard' (so to speak) at about -5 C.

Josh

Reaction score
*text deleted* yes they are blunt i redid my ear with one but it was the middle of the ear.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well...

Had a bit of fun today. Was around my mates house, got a bit of string and tied it to the microdermals and pulled.

This is the result *text deleted*

dsc00018fm3.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Nipple Piercing General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 17