PJFT - 17/03/15

Slim

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hello men

As the title says, I have just booked my PJFT for the 17/03/15 at 15:00

Does anyone have any tips for this adventure?

Anything helps...thank you very much

CookieMuncher96

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aha in all honesty when you think about wrapping on the return just think about how you'll have to wait 8 weeks to go through it again!

Rest for about 2 days before your test, i got carried away doing heavy deadlifts a day before mine and it didnt help

OJL

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Remember it's a pass / fail test. So my advice, don't go all out. Just get the pass and move on to PRMC.

Wingzero

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
tips?? you're 1.5 mile return states 8.49
your 5k 17.50
why are you asking for tips? there is nothing one can tell you what you dont already know

Slim

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
@CookieMuncher96 Will make sure I take it easy over the days prior to the test, thank you!

@OJL Great point, I think I'll just cruise the first and then make sure I have the correct pace on the second one

@Wingzero True, haha; those stats or both for outside though. I did a mock PJFT on the roads around my house and that's what I got. Maybe I will familiarize myself with running on a treadmill though :)

Orchardtheo

Reaction score
Not much help I can give honestly :) but
1: don't press stop
2: have passed a couple mocks beforehand for confidence on treadmill
3: Don't overthink it, train without music because you likely won't have it for PJFT and defo not on PRMC/RT

I did my PJFT and felt good throughout, wish I put it at higher speed but still passed in good time. Train hard, fight easy.

Slim

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Not much help I can give honestly :) but
1: don't press stop
2: have passed a couple mocks beforehand for confidence on treadmill
3: Don't overthink it, train without music because you likely won't have it for PJFT and defo not on PRMC/RT

I did my PJFT and felt good throughout, wish I put it at higher speed but still passed in good time. Train hard, fight easy.
That is lovely, thank you very much.
I'm going to do a mock one in the gym next week, not hoping for anything spectacular just to make the pass criteria

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Practice on treadmill as much as possible. Alot of good outdoor runners are surprised by how different it is on a treadmill

Carefree93

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds trivial, don't drink caffeine or energy drinks for a couple of days before your PJFT.
Best of luck.

Slim

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Practice on treadmill as much as possible. Alot of good outdoor runners are surprised by how different it is on a treadmill
Yeah, that's a good shout!

Sounds trivial, don't drink caffeine or energy drinks for a couple of days before your PJFT.
Best of luck.
Fair point, i'll make sure that I don't

Slim

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Did a mock PJFT this morning in the gym and go the following:
1st 2.4KM in 11:40
2nd 2.4KM in 9:45

Not amazing times, but it was the first time I've ever properly run an actual distance on a treadmill.
It is definitely a lot harder running on a treadmill than on a road, I'll get used to it

Orchardtheo

Reaction score
those are really decent times mate! especially for first time. Remember that the first run is 12:30 and not recorded so maybe slow it down at the end for longer rest time? but you should be very happy with that :)

Slim

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
those are really decent times mate! especially for first time. Remember that the first run is 12:30 and not recorded so maybe slow it down at the end for longer rest time? but you should be very happy with that :)
Thank you buddy. Yeah, good point: I'll try and pace the first one better next time so it makes the second slightly easier