Pjft #2? :s

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yupppppp, got a letter off my AFCO sayin i need to book my PJFT, so i went down and told them i already had taken the test and passed (15th sept) and she said yes but there was a complication so you have to do it again, and to be honest i dont really think thats fair, do u? and this time it will b 3 miles

TM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If I were in your position i'd be frustrated as I would just want to crack on with the next stage. Did they elaborate on what the 'complication' was? Just keep running that signature quote of yours through your mind...

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
she didnt explain, she just said its a mistake of their behalf but i still have to do it, i have no problem at all runnin 3 miles but i showed her the papers to prove *text deleted* been on it and passed n she said i stil have to re-take the test

and it is frustratin *text deleted* they messed my aplication up last month markin me down as medically unfit, i just want to get in there

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would take the view that its only a 3 mile run, 22 minutes 30 seconds of your life max.

It sucks having to redo it especially as it is not your fault but just crack on with it, the sooner it is done the sooner you can go on a PRMC.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea that sounds somthing that would happen, I wouldn't argue with them tho i would just get on with it and get passed that hurdle, its not like your going to fail it anyway..
Good luck mate!

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alright mate, thats frustrating that, its not that you have a problem passing it, its just annoying to have to go back and do it again further delaying your time on getting to lympstone, find out what went wrong with the last one because if you have to do it again you dont want to take it again for the same 'complication' to arise. good luck hope it all works out.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
what was the complication? Surely they must give a reason?

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh I'm sure its an anoying but like you say you don't have a problem with running the 3 miles so just crack on, its happened now so just accept it, and if anything its a 2nd chance to get a smashing time, good luck to you mate

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Macca. Sorry for going off the subject but your scores on *text deleted* pressups and situps etc are really impresive. My friend who has been a marine for 2 years i would expect him to get scores like that! whats your mum been feeding you? haha.

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
what was the complication? Surely they must give a reason?

well after my medical i got my letter sayin congrats and to book my PJFT and then i did and passed then i didnt hear anythin for 2 weeks, so i rang n they said (to my suprise) i was medically unfit, which i wasnt... so i told my doctor to inform the AFCO to tell them they was incorrect and then i recieved anotha letter to go on anotha test, so i went down to talk to them and see what was goin on and they apologied for the 'complication' and insured me it was their fault....but i stil have to take the test

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
yupppppp, got a letter off my AFCO sayin i need to book my PJFT, so i went down and told them i already had taken the test and passed (15th sept) and she said yes but there was a complication so you have to do it again, and to be honest i dont really think thats fair, do u? and this time it will b 3 miles

Quite often what happens is that the Medical Examiner will understandably not sign anyone off as fit if they have not completed their eyetest or if the Doctor needs to write to your GP for further information on your medical history.

They usually say to the candidate that there shouldn't be a problem & the candidate then interprets this as though they have been passed fit, when technically they haven't. If the candidate tells his careers adviser he's been passed fit, the careers adviser will issue the PJFT letter. If the PJFT is taken when you are technically not passed fit by the Medical Examiner then you should not take the PJFT. If you do take the PJFT before the Medical Examiner signs you off as fit, it is considered null.

This is unfortunately not uncommon, but whether it happened in your case I obviously do not know. I've lost count of the amount of times after a medical that a candidate states they are passed fit when in fact they aren't - often the candidate assumes they are because they know their GP will, for example, confirm they are free from migraine, haven't had an inhaler for over 4 years, don't suffer from epilepsy, etc, etc.

In short, your AFCO won't give you a PJFT letter unless someone has told them you're fit.

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
when i received the letter sayin "congratulations, you have post your medical" my AFCO signature was on the letter...and she had my medical documents passed from my GP, thats why i cannot understand why there has been a mix up... *text deleted*

but oh wel its just another obsticle il have to overcome

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
when i received the letter sayin "congratulations, you have post your medical" my AFCO signature was on the letter...and she had my medical documents passed from my GP, thats why i cannot understand why there has been a mix up... *text deleted*

but oh wel its just another obsticle il have to overcome

It's an unusual one, usually the PJFT letter won't be sent until either the Medical Examiner or the candidate advises the Careers Adviser they have passed the medical. Obviously there's been a mix up somewhere along the way. Just be glad it wasn't the PRMC!
00000290.gif