PJFT - 2008 Routine

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As previously alluded:

EXTENDED ROYAL MARINE CANDIDATE Pre Joining Fitness Test (PJFT)

INTRODUCTION

A significant number of candidates fail the PRMC because they are unable to complete the three mile run at the very beginning of the course, within the required timings. (75% or PRMC fails occur on the 3 mile run)

As it amounts to considerable waste, RM candidates will in future complete a three mile run, as their Pre Joining Fitness Test.

New RM PJFT

In order to ensure that RM candidates are able to complete the three mile run, an RM candidate PJFT is being introduced. This will consist of 2x2.4km runs; the first run to be completed within 12m 30s, the second run, to be a best effort, but within 10m 30, with a minutes rest in between the two runs. The runs are to be conducted on a 2 degree inclination on the running machine.

The new RM PJFT will be introduced on 01 Sep 08. Any candidate who has been informed by letter before 31 Aug 08, that the PJFT consists of only the one 2.4 km run, is to continue with that standard and may attend the PRMC (provided they meet the required timing).

The new RM PJFT letter will be sent on/after 01 Sep 08.

PJFT

RM New PJFT Standard Timings

First part a steady 2.4kms in time allowed 12m30s

Second part a 2.4kms timed best effort 10m30s

(Both parts must be completed within the allotted time)

For RM, the running machine is to be set to 2 degree inclination, throughout the test.

The candidate is to have a thorough warm up and stretch, prior to commencing the test.

The candidate is to control all settings on the running machine, speeding up and slowing down as required.

The time when the distance on the running machine reaches 2.4km is to be recorded, to the nearest whole second

For RM, there is to be a 1min wind-down/break before the second timed run. Again the time when the distance on the running machine reaches 2.4km is to be recorded, to the nearest whole second

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet that sounds right up my street!, Looks like my PJFT will include this!. Never mind it has to be done i suppose!.

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What will be taking place of the 3 miler at PRMC then?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
What will be taking place of the 3 miler at PRMC then?

Nothing, you will still do it as a 3 mile road run on PRMC. (Remember most are slower running outdoors- wind resistance, gradients, etc.)

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dont get this atall so how long do we haved to run on the tredmil for and what time must it be done please someone tell me!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so basically we haved to do a 3 mile run in 23 minutes on a treadmill instead of 1.5 ?????????? sorry im quite the retard

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wahey sounds fun. More prep required from this injury anyway, Keeps life exciting haha

M

MTW

basicly you do what you have to do on the PRMC....but on a treadmill.....instead of the current 1.5 mile pjft...not that hard to grasp surely.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right, so because the 3 mile run is done on PJFT there will be no 3 mile run during PRMC????

TommyK

Reaction score
No! *text deleted*. You do the 3 mile on the treadmill in 23mins and providing you pass that you can then do your PRMC which you will do the 3 mile run again with the same time limit but on the road with other people

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
OMFG, can you guys not read? Ninja has already said the PRMC stays the same.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right so they're making things harder...great :bigsmile:

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, because if you can't do the new PJFT then there's no way they're going to spend £££ to put you through PRMC, only for you to fail.

(Not you, you)

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They make you do the 3 miler on the PJFT so that if you pass, they know you will be able to do it at PRMC instead of if you dont do it, and they waste money on you failing it at PRMC...If you understand what im trying to say.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It's the best way, I was actually surprised when I first looked at it that it was only 1.5miles...
Covering their asses from wasted expense, and making sure they are getting people that are able to do whats asked. All good me thinks.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sound *text deleted* im sorry i posted that fred now *text deleted*, i knew it was something like that just wanted to make sure

New Threads