PJFT/BFT

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Which would you guys say is harder in your own personal opinions?
I’ve heard people say that the PJFT is easier as the treadmill belt assists you to some extent when you run. However, wouldn’t the BFT be a better environment as there’s much more oxygen and you get less hot n bothered like when running indoors on a treadmill?

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Which would you guys say is harder in your own personal opinions?
I’ve heard people say that the PJFT is easier as the treadmill belt assists you to some extent when you run. However, wouldn’t the BFT be a better environment as there’s much more oxygen and you get less hot n bothered like when running indoors on a treadmill?

PJFT is clean fatigue, BFT is done in boots and combats at a Unit. You only do a BFT in clean fatigue on PRMC and I think the first few weeks of training.

Kez1996

Reaction score
Depends which you prefer I hate the treadmill and barely passed my pjft but outside I can run it in under 9 minutes everyone's different I guess

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah same. I’m doing mainly treadmill at the mo as I haven’t even applied yet, but will do soon, so I’ve still got my PJFT. I can get 12:25 and then 9:13 which I think is alright. But for me outside has always been a bit easier I think, mainly due to more oxygen.

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Personally (and I seem to be in the minority here) I find the treadmill easier. I just stick it on the speed that'll get me there and keep the legs turning over. You don't have to worry about slowing down or speeding up, just detach the mind, think about anything else and you know you'll get there at the end.

When running outside I subconsciously slow down when I'm blowing. I have done mock BFTs a lot less than mock PJFTs so I guess it's probably something that will come when I get more familiar with it.

At the end of the day the legs are still going the same speed so it shouldn't matter which one.

Has anyone else found this?

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Personally (and I seem to be in the minority here) I find the treadmill easier. I just stick it on the speed that'll get me there and keep the legs turning over. You don't have to worry about slowing down or speeding up, just detach the mind, think about anything else and you know you'll get there at the end.

When running outside I subconsciously slow down when I'm blowing. I have done mock BFTs a lot less than mock PJFTs so I guess it's probably something that will come when I get more familiar with it.

At the end of the day the legs are still going the same speed so it shouldn't matter which one.

Has anyone else found this?
Yeah I get your point there mate. It’s easier *text deleted* you don’t have to focus about keeping the pace. And plus, if u get a fit bird on the treadmill in front then that’s something to keep u motivated ahah