Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PJFT coming up in Pretoria at end of March

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by Daffs, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi all,
    My son has his PJFT etc. coming up at end of March in South Africa.
    Anyone done an interview of late that could clarify what sort of questions they were asked?

I am aware there are quiet a bit of personal history, family history, schooling etc based questions. In terms of the Marines/Navy , should he focus more on the history or on current affairs ?

Many thanks

2. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I was asked location of units and cap badge. It’s generally more focused on the candidate themselves. And doesn’t do any harm learning as much as possible come time for RT.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    The interview touches on childhood, education, hobbies, family and corps knowledge. Best way to get through it is just be yourself and know some RM history, units and of course the badge :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi all ☺️, is there anyone in this forum directly invilved in the upcoming CPAE in Pretoria South Africa ?
    Trying to establish whether the 2,4km will be an outside run or tested on a treadmill ? Haven't had much clarity on WHAT exactly their tests will be made up of, besides the obvious bleep test, sit ups, push ups, pull ups. Perhaps they do this on purpose , the element of surprise.

5. Jordanleft98

Jordanleft98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi Daffs I’m in the same boat as you... My interview is on the 1st of April in Pretoria. I believe that it is not just one 2.4Km run but it is two runs straight after one another. The first one has to be complete in under 12 minutes and the second one has to be completed in under 10 minutes. On the navy.mod website it states that the PJFT is done on a treadmill so I’m sure they will do the same here in SA.

I’m not too sure what the “RM Fitness Assessment” test includes but I’m sure it will be the standard press ups, sit ups, pull ups and bleep test. I’m wondering if they will expect us to achieve the same standards as the PRMC ? If so I should pass.. And if all goes well in Pretoria we should still have an additional month to prepare physically for the PRMC.

I tried emailing the recruiters to find out what will exactly be in our “RM Fitness Assessment” but I did not get a reply. I’m sure the element of surprise is what they are aiming for, to scare the lesser prepared candidates and to give us a slight insight of what our future might entail.

Otherwise how has your preparation been and which date is your interview ?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaffaGuy

SaffaGuy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Mine is also April 1st. I sent an email asking about the exercises, and I got the usual push ups, etc. I then asked about the treadmill runs, and they said they are currently unsure, they will only find out when they arrive about the facilities I know this doesn't help much, but that's all I got.

7. Jordanleft98

Jordanleft98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    That’s perfect thanks for the help mate. I think this whole process is going to be very uncertain for both sides. A few other blokes have pm’d me and said they are going on the 27th and 28th respectedly and they will let me/us know what to expect at the CPAE.

Cheers

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

My understanding is the fitness assessment in SA will be conducted using the bleep test rather than 2x2.4km runs due to the restriced area available. Be prepared also for a determination test involving pull ups, press ups, sit ups, leopard crawls, carries, burpees, etc.

9. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @Ninja_Stoker thanks so much, I heard the same. Nerves are shot now !

• Like Like x 1
  10. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Former Combat Medic

Best of luck mate. Be yourself, screw the nut and work hard.

But above all else , keep your sense and humour switched on. The ability to laugh when things aren’t pleasant is the bedrock of military life.

11. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Candidate's mother scratches her head. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  12. Johnny_Anonie

Hahaha!!

Gutted

Oopps. But my advice still stands, all I’d like to add is -encourage your kid to become a medic. Their attention to detail is amazing.

I’ll get my coat & let myself out.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  13. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Ha ha @Johnny_Anonie relax, this candidates mum has a broad mind and sense of humour. Shoot from the hip or don't shoot at all.
    Thank you for those words, I will pass them on !
    Off to go screw the nut

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  14. Johnny_Anonie

Yeah you must have a healthy sense of humour to admit being from SA.

Good. Pass on my wisdom at once, it’s of great importance.

If he’s sleeping then immediately wake him up and tell him.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  15. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Healthy sense of humour needed to survive living in SA ! Now put your coat back on and go and put a bandaid on someone

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1