PJFT date

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Mattys, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I got mine on 29th this month.

I asked about the blood pressure as it’s nearly 3 hours for me to get there and said if I get a gp doing it and giving a note will that be fine just in case nerves kick in on the day.

Can they still turn you down on a doctors note if they still test you and you come over?

2. RunningFree09

RunningFree09 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Mattys,

As far as I'm aware the blood pressure test on PJFT is for the Fitness Centres Insurance policy, AKA making sure your not going to collapse on their property.

If your blood pressure is dangerously high they might refuse to test you for fear of illness but I'm sure it will be fine, if it was a problem they would of picked it up in your Medical mate. Avoid caffeine and smoking and your blood pressure should be fine.

The PJFT is very relaxed mate, you turn up meet your gym instructor who is a civvy and you run 1.5 miles and then another 1.5 miles on a treadmill, simple. Nothing to get nervous about provided you can the run the required times.

If you are worried then please contact your AFCO for clarification!

RF

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ty for you reply!

After 3 medicals and a referral would kinda be funny to have finally passed all that then fail on a blood pressure!

Just to be safe I’m going to get a note from the doctor the day before so won’t have any issues then hopefully.

I’ve seen some pjft have had different rules to others on here when people have taken them so I’ll be sure to ask the questions before I start.

4. RunningFree09

RunningFree09 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Anything to do with Capita who run the medical is shocking, I was made PMU and had to appeal so I know how you feel mate.

I'm sure you will be fine, like I said you will have to have dangerously high blood pressure on the day for them to deny the test.

I had my blood pressure taken on my PJFT but I've heard of lads that haven't had theirs taken on theirs so I'm sure you will breeze it.