Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PJFT Delay

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Ashyy, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ashyy

Ashyy Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi guys,
    In need of some advice, got my pjft Thursday. Last Saturday went down to the gym where I'm doing it and did a mock run, which I passed. However straight after my foot was in pain and I've had a sharp pain on it since. I've had no relief and it hasn't healed at all in the last 3 nights.
    I don't want to tell the AFCO that its a foot injury as I've only just passed my medical -banghead-. I feel like I could run it but don't want to end up making it worse.
    Is it possible to delay because of illness/injury as i know it needs to be completed within a certain time frame.
    What do you recommend?
    Thanks.

2. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    If you put it this way:

Continue to run on a injury, make the injury worse and a longer time to recovery, fail PJFT/ not be fit enough for PRMC / give the foundation for an injury during RT.

Take responsibility, rest the injury and allow it to recover, ring the AFCO and explain the situation; pass PJFT, be fit to undertake PRMC and RT, win.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Agreed, contact AFCO & defer your PJFT. Put simply, you are not ready to take it yet.

If it is not taken within the two week timeframe it otherwise counts as a fail, even if you don't take it.

Communications are key.