PJFT Friday

Chrisswan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right guys as the title shows i have got my PJFT on Friday at 8 in the morning will probably change it later in the day anyone got any tips as to what to do tomorrow? I have been through some threads on here and some say train...some say not to... some say to do abit.. so i'm just abit lost haha

cheers for any replys

alfaholic

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say rest and eat plenty of good foods and get a good nights sleep.

I'd also try to move your time to around midday / mid morning so you can get a decent breakfast in. I only say that as you don't really want to run on an empty stomach and you don't want to be doing it within 2-3 hours of eating. You might be different but just my personal preference.

I never passed a mock PJFT before my actual test but smashed it on the day. Weird but it just seems easier on the day.

Good luck pal

Chrisswan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah good point ill ring them tomorrow morning before work

alfaholic

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Also try to pick a treadmill under an air-con, the fitness first I went to was extremely hot

Luke0212

Reaction score
I never passed a mock PJFT before my actual test but smashed it on the day. Weird but it just seems easier on the day.
I was the same, never passed a mock, the adrenaline helps a lot. (Only struggled on treadmills mind, outside I can comfortably get a 10min return)

Alfaholic is right, rest up and eat plenty tomorrow, maybe do some stretching and definitely get an early night.

I tactically picked a treadmill in front of the Spanish football highlights, watching Messi in action is a great distraction.

:laugh:

Jbc

Royal Marines Commando -Moderator
Reaction score
Rest, stretch, stay hydrated and eat decent food. Best piece of advice I had re: nutrition was: It's what you eat the day before the race, not what you eat on the day of the race.

Eat plenty of good carbs, on the day - about an hour or two before you run it - have a flap-jack and a coffee.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Rest, stretch, stay hydrated and eat decent food. Best piece of advice I had re: nutrition was: It's what you eat the day before the race, not what you eat on the day of the race.

Eat plenty of good carbs, on the day - about an hour or two before you run it - have a flap-jack and a coffee.
Cant agree more about the flap jack, when ever i have flap jack the day before or before exercise i seem to be able to go for ever!

GingerjoeRM

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Instead of thinking only 10mins left of the return, race, and think you've only got 8mins to finish. Goodluck lad, keep us posted.

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
good luck fella, you wont fail. i was so nervous i felt ill and the only thing that kept me going was the thought that no matter how *text deleted**text deleted* i feel now, i know im going to feel a hell of a lot worse telling everyone i failed.
Really on a ten minute return its never going to get so bad you actually cant push through

Chrisswan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers lads. quick question on a mph treadmill what are the lowest speeds i can go to pass? i never use them ones now im just worrying for what ever reason there is not any kmh ones working haha

hlauste

Reaction score
well done mate.... passed my pjft today with almost the exact same times as you! got 11.59 out and 9.27 return, happy days