Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PJFT in Pretoria, South Africa Event

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by AshenCrusader, Mar 6, 2019.

1. AshenCrusader

AshenCrusader New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Hi all, I'm a British Citizen, luckily for me i am in South Africa during this event and so shall be attending, just wondering how many people on the forum will be attending? just looking to start a thread to perhaps get introduced to some of you, maybe share some stories, training regimes or whatever :)

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome.

Quick Q from me - which way does the water go down the plughole in the Southern Hemisphere?

It doesn't really alter the PRMC parameters, but I've always maintained the water in a sink on a warship crossing the Equator doesn't change direction upon crossing the line. This felt like an ideal opportunity to find out. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AshenCrusader

AshenCrusader New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    To be honest it's not something I've ever stopped to check or even think about for that matter, but just ran the tap in the kitchen and unless the sink is a dud, I can confirm however the water was flowing down the plughole clockwise, contrary to popular opinion, so I guess you are correct sir!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Aha, cheers!

Just double checked here by filling a sink & pulling the plug. Clockwise too.

5. R

R Well-Known Member

@Ninja_Stoker Are we running Pre-joining events in South Africa? How do i get myself DS on that little number :D

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Join the Naval Careers Service :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. R

R Well-Known Member

Hard Pass.

8. Jordanleft98

Jordanleft98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi Ashen I’m attending the CPAE in Pretoria on the 1st of April. I’m feeling confident that I will pass all the physical and mental tests they will have instore for us. I believe that the PJFT is two 2.4Km runs on a treadmill, the first one has to be completed in under 12 minutes and the second one has to be completed in under 10 minutes. I can easily pass the first run but the second run I’m just managing to scrape through. However a pass is a pass and with just over a week to go I’m just going to keep on running my A$$ off.

With regards to the “RM Fitness Assessment” I was wondering if you or anybody else on this forum might know what it will entail exactly ? So far I’ve just been treating it as if it will be the same standards as the PRMC. If so I should be able to pass those physical tests as well. It just might be a bit helpful if we knew exactly what we will be waking into.

Otherwise preparation wise I feel I’m doing good. And yourself ? How have you been training ? And what is your CPAE date in Pretoria?

Cheers