PJFT Made easier?

future-commando

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was reading away on the MOD site and noticed something that my AFCO had mentioned in regards to the PJFT.

Obviously you have the 1.5 miler in under 12:30 but the return run has an additional 30 seconds at 10:30?
Not only this but the 2% incline has apparently been scrapped?

Also the website states you need to swim 4 lengths of 50 meters but my AFCO said its only 2 lengths?

Anyone know the exact requirements?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For the swim assessment you should be training to sessions of 4 X 50 metre lengths of breaststroke, minimum. The pool at CTC is 33 metres, I understand & the swim assessment can vary but involves a pool circuit which culminates in retrieving a brick, AFTER you've done a 3 mile BFT, the bleep test & the bodyweight elements of the RMFA

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was reading away on the MOD site and noticed something that my AFCO had mentioned in regards to the PJFT.

Obviously you have the 1.5 miler in under 12:30 but the return run has an additional 30 seconds at 10:30?
Not only this but the 2% incline has apparently been scrapped?

Also the website states you need to swim 4 lengths of 50 meters but my AFCO said its only 2 lengths?

Anyone know the exact requirements?
Even if you had to power walk a mile in 30 mins this has no bearing on PRMC. PJFT is just a very crude filter to get rid of any Walts. Lets face it if you struggle to do that run then you are going to be destroyed on PRMC.
I am not suggesting this is you. ;)

future-commando

Reaction score
For the swim assessment you should be training to sessions of 4 X 50 metre lengths of breaststroke, minimum. The pool at CTC is 33 metres, I understand & the swim assessment can vary but involves a pool circuit which culminates in retrieving a brick, AFTER you've done a 3 mile BFT, the bleep test & the bodyweight elements of the RMFA
Luckily swimming is my strong point. I swim a mile not stop 3 times a week.