Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PJFT Made easier?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by future-commando, Oct 11, 2019.

1. future-commando

future-commando New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi all,

I was reading away on the MOD site and noticed something that my AFCO had mentioned in regards to the PJFT.

Obviously you have the 1.5 miler in under 12:30 but the return run has an additional 30 seconds at 10:30?
    Not only this but the 2% incline has apparently been scrapped?

Also the website states you need to swim 4 lengths of 50 meters but my AFCO said its only 2 lengths?

Anyone know the exact requirements?

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

For the swim assessment you should be training to sessions of 4 X 50 metre lengths of breaststroke, minimum. The pool at CTC is 33 metres, I understand & the swim assessment can vary but involves a pool circuit which culminates in retrieving a brick, AFTER you've done a 3 mile BFT, the bleep test & the bodyweight elements of the RMFA

4. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

Even if you had to power walk a mile in 30 mins this has no bearing on PRMC. PJFT is just a very crude filter to get rid of any Walts. Lets face it if you struggle to do that run then you are going to be destroyed on PRMC.
    I am not suggesting this is you. ;)

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  5. future-commando

future-commando New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Luckily swimming is my strong point. I swim a mile not stop 3 times a week.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Good effort, keep it up.

One would presume 4 x 50 metres or 2 x pool lengths matters little.