PJFT Pass (11/12)

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Had my PJFT today lads and passed. 12:06 first run and 9:35 on the second.

I think most of us here know how the PJFT works but these kinds of threads were always helpful to me so feel free to ask me about it or PM me if you prefer.

sbradb

Reaction score
Well done mate! What speed did you have it on for the return?

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Had my PJFT today lads and passed. 12:06 first run and 9:35 on the second.

I think most of us here know how the PJFT works but these kinds of threads were always helpful to me so feel free to ask me about it or PM me if you prefer.
Did you feel as if you were going to die?
I always do in training

SarriesFan

Reaction score
Congrats mate, I've just started training for mine recently and have noticed that its is a lot harder on the treadmill than it is on the road. I don't know if you felt the same way but if you did, do you have any tips for it?

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done mate! What speed did you have it on for the return?

15.2km/h for most of it, dropped it to 14.8 in the last couple of minutes because I was starting to struggle and then back up to 15.4 for the last 60 seconds.

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What was your training programme?

Probably wasn't as disciplined as I should have been but I'd run 3-4 times a week and cycle another couple of times. Runs were never less than 5 miles and never slower than 8mins/mile. I'd then do a mock PJFT every couple of weeks, though I probably should have done one every week.

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats mate, I've just started training for mine recently and have noticed that its is a lot harder on the treadmill than it is on the road. I don't know if you felt the same way but if you did, do you have any tips for it?

Yeah I find treadmill running a lot harder too. The thing with treadmills though, is whereas on the road it's very easy to slow down without really thinking about it, on the treadmill you literally have to make a conscious choice to adjust the speed and to slow down. Try to just zone out as much as possible and get yourself into a rhythm and just power through it.