Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PJFT Pass (16/01/18)

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by JF1310, Jan 16, 2018.

1. JF1310

JF1310 New Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Hi lads,

Just passed my PJFT today at the Belfast AFCO, usually for us, the two runs are completed outdoors, however today with the weather being so bad it was conducted in the gym on a treadmill.

Passed with a return time of 9.25, not my best by any means but as most do, I prefer running outside in comparison with treadmills!

Any questions fire away and I'll be happy to answer them. Aiming for the YO18 batch and looking forward to a Potential Officers Visit (POV) to 42CDO next week.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DynaMo

DynaMo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    I had to do my run the day after the tail end of the "hurricane" hit belfast a few months back, surprised they didnt let us use the treadmills that day haha, but well in anyways fella! how'd your pull ups etc go after?

3. JF1310

JF1310 New Member

App Stage:
    Haha I can imagine that being tough enough. Would have preferred it outside as thats what I've be practising and sub 9 or around 9 mins return is the usual for me!

Yeah decent enough mate. 13 pull ups, 45 press ups and 54 sit ups. Usually around 72-74 sit ups but I'm not too sure what happened today.

Where about's are you in your application? OR or Officer route?

4. DynaMo

DynaMo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Class mate! solid numbers regardless! i found my numbers were a bit less swell after the run just due to doing everything back to back with next to no rest, wouldn't be too concerned if i was yourself! Was considering the officer route as i have the grades etc, but decided to fire on with ordinary, have my PRMC here on Monday! not too familiar with the officer route whats next for yourself?

5. JF1310

JF1310 New Member

App Stage:
    Yeah happy enough mate! With my training I've been doing them straight after so it wasn't as big of a shock. Will probably have 3/4 months before POC myself so just more time to try and max everything.

Unreal mate, nearly there then just 3 days of 'fun' fitness to go haha. So I have POC (Potential Officers course) next and when I pass that AIB (Admiralty Interview Board) and then hopefully Young Officer training in September.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scooter1

Scooter1 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Late bump lads but I'll have to go Belfast for my PJFT, are yous from near there? It'll be a 6 hour trip for me, was wondering do they try and accommodate that and sort something so that you could do two stages at a time of the application?
    Cheers.

7. JF1310

JF1310 New Member

App Stage:
    @Scooter1 your best bet would be to just ring the AFCO at Palace Barracks and tell them about your situation. Where abouts are you in the application process at the minute? I'm sure they would maybe be able to conduct your interview and the PJFT on the same day for example.