pjft pass

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
lads i am genuinely chuffed to bits. passed my pjft yesterday with times of 12.15 and 9.39. i can honestly say its nothing like any of your mocks, maybe it was just me and nerves but it felt so much harder on the day than any mock. my stomach just wouldnt settle down and i was cramping on the first run, and on the second at about 1.4-1.7k i thought i was *text deleted**text deleted** be sick on the treadmill.
now im just waiting for an interview, anyone know the wait times?

nathan123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well done on passing that mate, another step foward.

i did my first mock on friday, i wasnt sure what speeds to set it at so what speeds did you use?

i got 11.27 on the first 1.5, which i know is a minute too quick, then i got the second in 10:32 which i know is a fail but i just had to guess what speeds i would use. How many mocks or what kind of training did you do before your pjft?

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
first one i started at 12, went up to 12.5 at about 0.2, up to 13 at about 0.6, and at 13 all way to 2.21 then down to 6 until the end. this way you get an extra couple of minutes breather before your official one minute breather.
then on the second i started at 15 went up to 15.5 after about 0.6, then back down to 14.5 for a couple of hundred metres and 15 all the rest of the way. if you can try do the last 200m or so at 18, but there was no chance of that for me yesterday.
the minimum speeds you need are 11.8 for the first one, and 14.7 for the second (accounting for the treadmills to get up to speed).
they time it on their phones though so they dont actually start the clock until the treadmill is up to speed, and you end up running about 2.45, but the guy doing mine forgot when he'd started the clock so we just went by the treadmill

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i did 2 mocks, neither this year though, and one last week where i did 400m sprint then a couple of hundred metres slow, then ran the return run.
honestly for me i stick by hill sprints and interval training, and just make sure you're used to running on the treadmill if you can. 6*800m at 15-16, with a 200m walk inbetween each is a good one to do on it.
and do some tuck jumps and squat jumps and things to strengthen your legs so you dont really notice the incline