PJFT Practice

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I run on the roads a lot, i have my PJFT in a couple of weeks, what is the best speed(s) to go at on the treadmill for a 1.5 miler? I'm going to get a few sessions on the treadmill before the test to get an idea of what it will be like and i'm just wondering what speeds everyone runs at,

cheers

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Im too lazy to do the maths but uh

speed = distance / time

darbey2000

Reaction score
the pjft has changed i belive and you have to do prmc style 3 miler now!! first 1.5mile about 7.8 mph for the 12min 30sec run then 1 min break and about 9.5mph for the under 10min run... but you want to go at this all guns blazing to get best result

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
the pjft has changed i belive and you have to do prmc style 3 miler now!! first 1.5mile about 7.8 mph for the 12min 30sec run then 1 min break and about 9.5mph for the under 10min run... but you want to go at this all guns blazing to get best result

that change does'nt kick in until october, so i still have the 1.5 miler

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
that change does'nt kick in until october, so i still have the 1.5 miler

My AFCO said today they have no news on it, but even with my interview on the 18th im unlikely to get it.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
My AFCO said today they have no news on it, but even with my interview on the 18th im unlikely to get it.

you never know, it was originally going to start this month but it got held back, so if there is another setback then you might sneak in a 1.5 miler

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure they'd have to give the AFCO reasonable notice, and considering the work load they have generally, a few weeks surely Isn't enough. So who knows - the system confuses us once again :amazed: