PJFT Question??!!

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone I was doing the PJFT on the treadmill today and I stopped it on 2.04KM right. But I was wondering should I stop it on 2.04KM or 2.40KM because I've seen people say its 2.4KM so I assume its the 2.04KM right?

Cheers!:bigsmile:
royal1!!

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea its 2.4km (1.5 mile)
If i was you i would time myself for the actual 1.5 mile run then stop the clock but still keep running and keep pushing yourself to carry on. You will be made to do this at one point so get your mind set to keep going!
Good luck

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Damn! so its 2.40KM I thought I had to stop it at 2.04KM I thought everybody was just taking the 0 out *text deleted* :embarrest: I only stopped it because I though the 1.5 mile was over I feel so *text deleted**text deleted*ing stupid and pissed off with myself:doh::evil:!!!

Cheers anyway peeps!!
royal1:amuse:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im sure the .04 doesnt make a difference. On my tredmill it just shows 2.4

scott-woods

Reaction score
2.04 km isn't as far as 2.4, so it is kinda important.

Royal 1, you are doing it on a 2 degree incline with a minute break in between the two runs?

The first one's easy, i find the second one a bit more trying.
:)

Old Man

Ex-Matelot
Reaction score
0.4km = 400 metres

0.04km = 40 metres

Big difference.

On a running track 1.5 miles/2.4km = 6 laps. To complete 1.5miles/2.4km/6 laps in exactly 12 mins 30 secs, each lap must be completed in 2 mins 05 secs. Jogging pace.

You have to do it in under that of course.

To do the distance in 9 mins, you would have to run at a pace of 1 min 30 secs per lap, for the 6 laps.

On a treadmill, set to 2 degree incline and allowing time to for the treadmill to reach the required speed, the following applies.

15kph will give a 2.4k time of 9 mins 36
16kph will give a time of 9 mins
17kph will give a time of 8 mins 30ish
18kph will give a time of 8 mins

12kph, for the first part of the run, will get you 12 mins.

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for that peeps I'll do it to 2.40KMx2 with 1 min break now. I thought I was doing them quick *text deleted*. And cheers for the times Old Man. Yes I do the two runs with 2 degree incline Scott-woods mate. I stick the first run on 12kph and on about 15kph for the second (will this give me a pass it seems so with Old Man's time scale) but I cant finish it because as they say from my area "Am propa *text deleted**text deleted*ed" *text deleted* but I'll just keep at it 110% and get my times down and try and get myself to where I can do it.

Cheers all!:smile:
royal1

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good post Old Man

As an aside I would recommend apart from the obvious running 1.5 milers, that 4-800m intervals at best effort, literally heart busting lung burners with around 1 minutes rest x5-8 to see dramatic improvements in 1.5 miler times

Also this is outside running, preferably on a slight incline over the course distance

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for that DAZ-PRMC. I don't want to sound daft or anything but does that mean I sprint 800m walk for 1 min sprint 800m walk for 1 min etc etc..?
Also how many times a week should this be done??

Cheers!:smile:
royal1

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yer thats what Daz means mate. Its called interval training, its a killer but will improve you fitness very fast

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yer thats what Daz means mate. Its called interval training, its a killer but will improve you fitness very fast

That's the one, it works and will increase your general pace for your normal runs as that 'switch' in your head will have been flicked in that you know you can push harder

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nice one cant wait to get started with this now :bigsmile:
How many times a week should this be done??

Cheers all!
royal1

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
start off with just once a week, its a taxing session on the body mate. Just replace one of your usual runs for this

stevewwfc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

this is a great way of getting your times down . but you have to make shaw that you keep the same speeds for the rest period and when you are sprinting , and then increase them over a few days or weeks it is up to you .
i normally do:

1 min jog at 10.5
1 min fast jog 15
for 20 mins

you also dont want to go full out for the first few mins if you are doing it longer than 10 mins