PJFT scoring procedure

AMcC

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been scouring here and the rest of the web for the scores allocated to amounts of PPS, and the time for the run but cant seem to find them anywhere, I could have sworn that I found them here before but cant now. I know what happens on the PJFT but not the score to pass. Does anyone know the scoring for the PJFT? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I don't generaly think there is a score/point system for PJFT i think it is what it says on the tin, get an out run of 12:30 or under and a return run of 10 minutes or under.

I do believe that at the end of the day the choice to give you a PRMC place is the AFCO's.

I think the better the time the more chance you get of getting a nearer PRMC date since they'll see that person has the potential to fly through it.

richie86

Reaction score
good question, i was told that the better PRMC score you get the quicker you will ger RT but would love to know if the pjft time determines how quick you can get a PRMC date. ??

Garethr123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I believe within reason that would be true. If you bust out an 8 minute return your AFCO will have the incentive to put you for a cancellation and hopefully a sooner PRMC. It's more at their discression than a "points" system.

Don't forget that the PJFT is done at 2 degree incline too.

richie86

Reaction score
ye nice one that seems to make sense mate, *text deleted* been practicing a lot outdoors and theres hills on my route and i can do an alright time but really need to practice on the treadmills!!

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ye nice one that seems to make sense mate, *text deleted* been practicing a lot outdoors and theres hills on my route and i can do an alright time but really need to practice on the treadmills!!
Definitely helps to get a treadmill run in, as you can see in my stats it added 40 seconds on!!
I think I can do better now than when I did my last mock but the gradient just tires you out!!

richie86

Reaction score
oh ye i see that man, i better pull my finger out and do some treadmill runs then. dont *text deleted**text deleted** let myself down at this stage in the game!!
cheers

AMcC

Reaction score
Don't forget that the PJFT is done at 2 degree incline too.
Im from Northern Ireland and because of the security threat the PJFT is taken be Army PTIs at a Barracks, and therefore on roads, which makes it a bit harder in my opinion.

richie86

Reaction score
i was always told that its easier on a treadmill but i guess it depends what your used to. for me being an outdoor runner i know i need a lot of practice on the treadmill to get used to it.
good luck with yours anyway mate!

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Im from Northern Ireland and because of the security threat the PJFT is taken be Army PTIs at a Barracks, and therefore on roads, which makes it a bit harder in my opinion.
I am jealous, road running would be ideal for me.

Have you ran the PJFT on road then treadmill with incline?!

I know which one i would prefer

jallen289

Reaction score
Treadmills add about 30 seconds onto my return, I think it's the incline that does it.

AMcC

Reaction score
Yea, *text deleted** tried both, I prefer the roads, but find a treadmill easier. I think its the boredom factor that I dont like, I get bored far sooner than I get tired. I also find treadmills easier for setting the pace. Swings and roundabouts really, personal preference.

Rufus111

Reaction score
In reference to getting bored during treadmill running, is there any chance you can listen to an ipod during your pjft? (sorry it's a bit of a stupid question!)

AMcC

Reaction score
I asked the pti when i did mine and his exact words were 'f*text deleted** no'. Although, fitness first staff might be a little more flexible.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There isn't a points system for the PJFT, but common sense prevails - if the applicant doesn't complete the run until day 28 with only five seconds to spare on the 'run back' then clearly someone that completes it within a couple of days with a minute or more to spare is better prepared both physically & mentally.

Excuses such as 'I could have run faster but didn't have the opportunity' or ' had an injury/illness' or 'wasn't able to book it earlier' are heard every day & don't instil confidence with regard mental & physical preparation, or indeed maturity & drive.

Those who find such observations irritating rather than inspirational, should perhaps reconsider their aspirations.