Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Pjft/shin pains query

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by codycaesar, Feb 9, 2019.

1. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    hello, I have my pjft Monday and over this week I’ve acquired shin pains while running, I’m obviously going to do the test to the best of my ability regardless of the pain but I was wondering if anyone has information of how I can still run, sprint, long distance stuff after my pjft without getting a stress fracture or making it chronic or something? Sounds stubborn but I really do not want to take days to rest, I’m in the military college so my staffs would just tell me to stop bitching anyway

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

With respect, may I ask why? If you suspect that you will not pass this test consider speaking with your Careers Adviser about the possibility of a postponement.

Resting an injury often means a quicker return to more productive training. There are times when one must push through a painful injury but to do so when it isn't required can be counterproductive.

Anyhow, just some thoughts for consideration. It's your call. Best of luck.

3. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Sorry I didn’t mean I think it’s an actual injury yet it just hurts while running if you know what I mean, I don’t think it will effect me that during the test and the reason for no rescheduling is I have already rescheduled this test once and it is only my first attempt, I meant if you guys know how to train around my situation while still improving at running, probably explained it badly again but there we are *text deleted* and thank you

4. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

Shin pain of any nature will not normally subside on it,s own without rest plain and simple , If you run your PJFT and pass it i would suggest taking up a non impact activity if you "must" train..swimming , is an ideal sport as it improves strength , endurance , and is very low impact , you can even do static weights , and body weight exercises..as for running...simple...dont.!! rest for maybe 2 to 3 weeks....then try a gentle jog and see if pain is still present ,if it is you may have to have it looked at.

If you run on what are now sore / painful shins you could turn the issue into a longer term issue which is the last thing you want.

Don,t be a fool to the cause , the Corps is going nowhere anytime soon..so a few weeks delay / rest will not hurt.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  5. codycaesar

codycaesar New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Helpful thank you