PJFT - Supervisor

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i was just wondering, in the PJFT test does a supervisor guy (dont know what to call him *text deleted*) show you what speed to go at or alter the speed for you so you get within the minimum time or do you have to do it yourself? :albert:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No. I dont think they touch the speed. You have to make it as comptable as possible and get the score to achieve a pass.
I dont think they will stand behind you and watch but you wont be able to cheat. Once you finish they will send the results to the AFCO.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
No. I dont think they touch the speed. You have to make it as comptable as possible and get the score to achieve a pass.
I dont think they will stand behind you and watch but you wont be able to cheat. Once you finish they will send the results to the AFCO.

Were do you go to do it?

jimbob4444

Reaction score
well if anyone is based at the AFCO at Queen Street in Glasgow you do your PJFT in LA Fitness. The guy told me that i'd need to run at minimum speed in order to complete it in time... To run the first 1.5 miles the minimum speed is 7.6 mph. when doing the second 1.5 miles the minimum speed required is 8.6 mph

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
The PT changed the speeds on mine.

He had been in RT before so he told me what speed i should be doing and when to increase the speed. He increased the speeds aswell so i just ran *text deleted*.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
well if anyone is based at the AFCO at Queen Street in Glasgow you do your PJFT in LA Fitness. The guy told me that i'd need to run at minimum speed in order to complete it in time... To run the first 1.5 miles the minimum speed is 7.6 mph. when doing the second 1.5 miles the minimum speed required is 8.6 mph

Thats not that bad *text deleted*. Il give that a bash at the gym. Il be going to the one in Glasgow but were is LA Fitness *text deleted*?

Feza685

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i have done my pjft the supervisour stands an watches you run makeing sure you do not put your hands on the bars infont. they dont touch the speed you alter it yourself. however i trained on a tredmill that is mph and the pjft is kmph. so i didint have a clue as to what speed to run it at

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am 1 of those 'supervisor people' that take the PJFTs *text deleted* and its different for each of us. Some will tel you what speeds, some wont, some will change the speed and some wont!

i do both *text deleted* it makes more sense to me if u know what speeds to run at and when to increase it, and its not always the easiest thing to change the speed while running fast and trying not 2 accidently hit the stop button!

we do have to stand there and watch while you run tho to make sure people dont cheat

jimbob4444

Reaction score
Thats not that bad *text deleted*. Il give that a bash at the gym. Il be going to the one in Glasgow but were is LA Fitness *text deleted*?

it's just round the corner from central station next to mcdonalds... so you can go in for a nice healthy big mac after your run *text deleted*

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
it's just round the corner from central station next to mcdonalds... so you can go in for a nice healthy big mac after your run *text deleted*

*text deleted* past that quite alot actually. I need to sit on the train for 45 minutes though :push: so boring *text deleted*.

Ah well nice wee mcdo after it :toung:

Reaction score
i have done my pjft the supervisour stands an watches you run makeing sure you do not put your hands on the bars infont. they dont touch the speed you alter it yourself. however i trained on a tredmill that is mph and the pjft is kmph. so i didint have a clue as to what speed to run it at

Just multiply the values by 1.6. You need a minimum speed or 11.6kph and 14kph to pass

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For those that missed it on a recent similar thread:

The speed for the first half of the pjft should be set at the slowest constant speed to enable the candidate to complete the test in under 12 mins 30 secs. This is to simulate the squad run & candidates are warned not to attempt a faster pace iniitially in case they fail to complete the second run.

(apologies for repeating thiis but people are still getting it wrong)