PJFT times lads post em ere

Ipodbob

Reaction score
As the title says post your PJFT times in here i am generally interested in what you got

I done mine today at 8:44

the 2.4km / 1.5 mile run

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
73 hours, 42mins, 56 secs.

Lovely gym lass at LA Fitness even gave me a cup of tea in the mean time,

End of the day.....a pass is a pass

Taylor

Reaction score
8.58 mate

and man, my legs get well hot on treadmills!!

Jfantana

Reaction score
I done mine today at 8:44

the 2.4km / 1.5 mile run
had my first practice 3 miler at split pace earlier. 1st 2.4k took 11:10 (didnt realise 12:30 was so slow) and 2nd 2.4k i got 9:29. on road

i am aiming to get around 8 minutes for my PJFT on friday (need to adverage 18kmh). based on my above times do you recon im *text deleted*ing dreaming and 8:30 is a bit more realistic?
what speed did you set the treadmill ipodbob?

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
9:18 but I have an excuse! the LA Fitness treadmill only went to 16kph which has since been changed.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
had my first practice 3 miler at split pace earlier. 1st 2.4k took 11:10 (didnt realise 12:30 was so slow) and 2nd 2.4k i got 9:29. on road

i am aiming to get around 8 minutes for my PJFT on friday (need to adverage 18kmh). based on my above times do you recon im *text deleted*ing dreaming and 8:30 is a bit more realistic?
what speed did you set the treadmill ipodbob?
i started on 16kph until i hit 4 mins then bumped it to 16.5 until i hit 6 minutes then 17 until i hit 2k then i whacked 18kph for the last 400m, i was fooked by then but i had shin splints a couple months ago and my running is a bit *text deleted**text deleted*e *text deleted* so u should be able to pwn my time

rick

Reaction score
pjft

aite fellas i did my pjft test about on the 6/6/08
and got 9:10. [HERES MY ADVICE]
for setting the levels on the tredmill which is important,
1st 2mins/level{15}[to get your body used to the pace and nice and warm]
3rd to 5th mins/level{16}[opening your lungs up]
5th to 7th mins/level{16.5}[slightly faster]
7th to 8th mins/{16.5/17} [going for it]
8th mins,onwards[17+} [really go for it]
this should get your under 9 mins,
if you can stick to that pace, which will get you down to do the PRMC faster
GUD LUCK LADS

RICK
THE JOURNEY TO SUCCESS IS A VERY PERSONAL AND INTAMITE ONE

Jfantana

Reaction score
this should get your under 9 mins,
if you can stick to that pace, which will get you down to do the PRMC faster
will your PJFT time determin how quick you can get on a PRMC then? because i would like to get one before summer leave.

Babybell

Reaction score
I see people with these times of under 9 mins (I dread to think what mine is at the moment >_<) and then wonder why it is that alot of the people who fail on the PRMC do so on the 1.5 mile part back. At least im sure I saw something on this site that said this was the area alot of people seem to be struggaling in.

Think its because people arent running off the treadmil? Or finding it harder to set the pace on the road?

Skippy

Reaction score
well i've got mine on monday.. n worked out that 16.2kmph gives just over 9 mins.. sumeh like 9m 5s i believe.. but my aim is to defo get under 9 mins.. even if it is 8m59s *text deleted*

Skippy

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I see people with these times of under 9 mins (I dread to think what mine is at the moment >_<) and then wonder why it is that alot of the people who fail on the PRMC do so on the 1.5 mile part back. At least im sure I saw something on this site that said this was the area alot of people seem to be struggaling in.

Think its because people arent running off the treadmil? Or finding it harder to set the pace on the road?
I think it's because you don't just do a light warm up then run 1.5 mile,
you have to run 1.5 in less than 12:30,
and then run it back best effort,
so obviously it's *text deleted* be a lot harder,
and like you said it's tougher on the road.

Joe

Skippy

Reaction score
i think its a mixture of a warm up (more like a kill off) running 1.5miles as a group in under 12.30 and then having best effort. Now that isn't *text deleted* be good if you were up late during the night playing cards or pi*text deleted*ing around with others instead of getting ya head down

Skippy

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's because you don't just do a light warm up then run 1.5 mile,
you have to run 1.5 in less than 12:30,
and then run it back best effort,
so obviously it's *text deleted* be a lot harder,
and like you said it's tougher on the road.

Joe
I got 9:32 on my PJFT, I hadn't practiced specifically for it on a treadmill and didn't know the speeds really so she put it on at 14kph I think then I put it upto 16.4 near the end, hadn't I done that I think I would have just scraped by *text deleted*, I reckon I could have got 9 mins though.

Anyway, I've done the 3 miler(RMAD) as is done at PRMC and it was easy (and there was a big hill *text deleted* which is not on the Lympstone one)with a minute to spare. So if you get under 9:30 I'd say you're fine, plus you're running with others so it gives you a bit of competition.

ninjamej

Reaction score
ite lads only just found out bout this hoffing little webite got some good info on ere got mi pjft on friday im quite suprised mi pb is quite good :D i got it ddown to 8.14 hoping for sub 8 mintues for mi pjft weather it wil happen well have to wait and see good luck wid ya application thou fellas

Jfantana

Reaction score
alright ninjamej!
where abouts you *text deleted* go for your PJFT. is there a fitness first in chatham?