Pjft Tomorrow!

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Hi fellas, the day has come and im off to do my PJFT tomorrow!! gulp *text deleted* nah, im exagerating a little, it just the memory of when i failed last time. I WILL NOT FAIL AGAIN!! Cheers for your encouragement fellas :) let you know how i got on.

Zefan

Reaction score
I hate to ask, but how did you fail last time?

When you do it do they just stick you on 9mph?

:edit: Good luck by the way!

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
There was a bloke standing by a treadmill. he told me to hop on. i asked him what speed on this machine will let me get under 10.00 mins. He said 15.00 on the speed, so i thaught, bloody hell, i can do that no probs. its what i usually run on so when he set it it just felt strange, like i was running one or two levels faster than what i usually run it on to get under 10.00 mins. so i stuck it out and got to 2.00Kilometers and i spewed all over the machine *text deleted* couldnt keep the bugger down. I was miffed because i had to press the stop buttonadn quit. I was ANGRY! so was the Gym Guy *text deleted*

i have been doing interval training for two months so hopefully i have built up some more endurance and speed to get me through. Cheers for the well wishes mate.

rmc_86

Reaction score
Good luck Gaz, you'll have no problems with it mate!!

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How did you get on?

I've got mine tomorrow and I well haven't prepared as much as I'd hoped

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
good luck fella, i got my x-mas eve! but i think im *text deleted* ring up and put it back to the end of the month, only just recovered after a 2 week illness and done my first run 2nite, totally out of shape!!

so if i do fail i can do it again?

p.s just noticed your from south wales? me too, Llandaff ,Cardiff me

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Me? :S

I'm Ashby De la Zouch mate, Leicestershire.

Thanks for the luck though - I'm going to need it, *text deleted*.

Lumley

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys, im on saturday...

what 3 mile times you been getting on road? and then on treadmil?

Maybe we wil be on the same prmc ;)

add my msn... Lumley001@hotmail.com

tar... Charlie

Roy

Reaction score
Good luck Gaz and Callum...and God Speed! (yes i mean that in more ways than one *text deleted*.)...When I first did it last year I passed but that was when it was just a mile and a half....when it started I told myself YEA BRING IT! this seems ok..Then Every blasted minute the instructor kept saying "you *text deleted* go faster than that mate" then he'd proceed to increase the speed..all I was thinking was GOD HELP ME! *text deleted* Sadly that was the first time I ever ran on a treadmill as well. (9:50)Although I passed it I felt sick afterward..I think if I had to stay on for at least another three minutes at the running speed, I would have also spewed on the machine. I wanted to get off the dam thing immediately after the 1.5mile mark but the fitness instructor told me about staying on for a "cool down".I was like,"Is this guy crazy, a COOL DOWN ,I need to get my ass off this horrible thing!".To make matters worse I nearly fell off as well (tsk tsk!) and well the instrustor had to catch me! yea laugh it up!Because he sure did!..Well that was then anyway...

As for now..I'm booked for Friday and thankfully the AFCO told me that i have three attempts especially now that it's a three miler..(hence my previous post on treadmill tips).Did anyone else receive those gym passes as well? I'm still feeling a bit uneasy about the whole thing.In any case I will keep everyone posted...

AW DAMMIT I'm GOIN for a run NOW!!

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* dude!

That was the giggle I needed this morning. Thankyou!

"A WARM DOWN!?! WTF!!" Hahahaha Oh man, funny as!

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You'll smash it, matey. Very best of luck. Just go in and be confident and have a positive attitude.

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks man!!

It was hilarious, I had like, 4 of the staff around the treadmill feeding me jellybeans or "FEED ME SPEED BEANS" as I called them.

Didn't do that well, 1st 11:55 2nd 9:47

Had such a laugh there, was brilliant.

Lumley

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
congrats dude! let me know what PRMC date you get please mate...

i have my PJFT on sat

simborandy

Reaction score
Good effort mate - it's another barrier out of the way. Any thoughts on a PRMC date? Think I'm aiming for mid Feb presuming I pass the *text deleted* PJFT on Sunday (the sabbath?! What would God say?!)

Best of luck Lumley. Keep us posted...

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, thanks alot for the kind words guys.

A few tips: Take small sips of your drink if you have to, on the treadmill, DONT eat jelly beans, dont focus on the hot womans cameltoe and almost fall off the back and more seriously - don't give up, don't start too fast (I went from feeling fine to deadly tired within 30 seconds) and picture yourself in your blues while your family and friends watch your impeccable drill.

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nice one, pal :bigsmile: Obviously we'd all like to do better with our times but when it comes down to it, a pass is a pass.

Lumley

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
passed mine as on 1 hour ago! just back from bham...

*text deleted* i scraped it...

first i was rushed out of the house and i forgot my running trainers so i had to run in KSWISS toung twisters *text deleted*

then she set the pace too fast and i finished the first one at 10.33

then i realised i was quite tired and i ran the second one safely and I set the pace at 14 km/h and got 10.27 (Had to increase pace at last 30 seconds...)

PASS IS A PASS, if i can blame anybody i blame myself for not setting the pace correctly :D *text deleted*

massey92

Reaction score
yo should of slapped the woman man hahaha. well done as you say though a pass is a pass