PJFT Training.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I should have my PJFT in the next couple of weeks.

I was just wondering what peoples training methods were.

I am a member of a gym, but I try my best to stay away from treadmills, i hate them with a passion. But I might run on one to test my 1.5 mile run.

I currently blast myself to a round-a-bout that's 1.5 miles away, but i have to stop about half way, only because it's across a main road and need to wait for the traffic light.

When I get to the traffic light, i stop my stop-watch and start it when I get to the other side. I usually make it to my 1.5 mile mark in 9:45. That's encountering uphill running most of the way. I usually have to wait 1 or 2 minutes to cross the road, so it's not helping that much really.

Just wondering what other people were doing for training that's all.

Thanks,
Jamie

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
interval training will help you mate ... try running say 2miles at decent pace then throw in some 100m sprints through out the run. That'll help increase your speed and combine that with 1.5mile best efforts you'll get there mate.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks.

Also, is it 1.5 miles in 10 minutes or 10 minutes 45 seconds.

I have read it differently on the RM website.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
jamie.english said:
Excellent. Thanks.

Also, is it 1.5 miles in 10 minutes or 10 minutes 45 seconds.

I have read it differently on the RM website.

Hiya mate - Its definately 10mins flat for the pfjt, even though it does still say on the RM website 10mins 45secs.

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Hi mate, like the other dude here, interval training helps ALOT! sprinting 100 meters then run,jog,sprint,jog,run,sprint ect... i needed to get something like 30 seconds of my time and blew it off in 2 weeks with this kind of training. i know its the same thing the other bloke said and sorry i dont have anyhting new to tell you mate.