PJFT treadmill speed?

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm training for the pjft at the moment, what speed should I set the treadmill to for each of the runs when I do a mock?
Many thanks

sanmiguel87

Reaction score
for my pjft mine was set at 11.8 for the first run and 14.5 for 2k and 17.5 for the remaining 400m

OJL

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The first run, set it to 12 kph and the second set it to 15 kph. Simple :)

Xerath

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'd recommend what @OJL says, the minimum speed for the 2nd run is 14.5 but from my experience every treadmill is different. Run it at 15 to be safe

TangoAlpha

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I'd post in this old thread because I thought it had an appropriate title.
Basically, I had my PJFT today. After a bit of a nightmare with my blood pressure (finally passed on the fourth attempt), we went onto the treadmills. He told me I would have to run the first one at 12.2 and the second at 15.3 to scrape passes on both, why is a lot faster than I have been passing mocks at. The reason I had to have the speed to high was because these treadmills took over a minute to actually reach the speed you wanted. Needless to say I was absolutely hanging out 6 minutes into the return and had to slow it right down to 10km/h for 30 seconds to get my breath back. He said I would have to run the last 3 minutes at about 17km/h else I wouldn't pass, which I just was not fit enough to do so I failed.
Basically, make sure you can pass mocks at a much faster speed than required else you might have an absolute nightmare like me. Even more annoying because I got a free day pass at a different Nuffield to do a mock and passed easily. The treadmills at this gym today were different and took a minute just to reach 15km/h. No point making excuses though, time to crack on and smash the next one :D

Seasonbeach

Reaction score
Thought I'd post in this old thread because I thought it had an appropriate title.
Basically, I had my PJFT today. After a bit of a nightmare with my blood pressure (finally passed on the fourth attempt), we went onto the treadmills. He told me I would have to run the first one at 12.2 and the second at 15.3 to scrape passes on both, why is a lot faster than I have been passing mocks at. The reason I had to have the speed to high was because these treadmills took over a minute to actually reach the speed you wanted. Needless to say I was absolutely hanging out 6 minutes into the return and had to slow it right down to 10km/h for 30 seconds to get my breath back. He said I would have to run the last 3 minutes at about 17km/h else I wouldn't pass, which I just was not fit enough to do so I failed.
Basically, make sure you can pass mocks at a much faster speed than required else you might have an absolute nightmare like me. Even more annoying because I got a free day pass at a different Nuffield to do a mock and passed easily. The treadmills at this gym today were different and took a minute just to reach 15km/h. No point making excuses though, time to crack on and smash the next one :D
What Nuffield did you do it at?