Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PJFT - Treadmills Used?

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by RM_Yorkshire, Jul 3, 2019.

1. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    So I know the entry standards for PJFT and can comfortably run the return in under 10:30.

My issue is that the treadmill I have been training on is in Mph. Is this the case at Nuffield? What's the general order of business do they set the speed for you on the first leg and you adjust on the return or do they deal with everything?

I know it's best effort but have also heard that if you touch the treadmill/grab at it you will fail? Is that the case even if you're literally just trying to increase the speed?

Help appreciated!

2. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    For my PJFT we did it on an astro-turf pitch. Double check with your AFCO that you're going to do it on a treadmill is all I can say *text deleted* unfortunately.

3. Sausage

Sausage New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The treadmill I used was KPH.. convert the speeds to KPH prior so you know exactly what ya running

You alone adjust the speed. The instructor can’t touch the treadmill at all. Be careful when adjusting the speed, don’t make it look like your resting on the button

Basically the instructor will stand there bored outta their mind while you run.

4. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yea it's going to be on the mill. got confirmation through today and is being carried out at a Nuffield health.

5. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Nice one buddy thanks for the info. I was planning to take a conversion sheet with me in any event just to make sure. Just didn;t want to completely *text deleted* it up by thinking I was running something I wasn't.

Will do the conversion and make sure I'm bang on what I'm doing now. Trying to keep all variables the same. haha!

6. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Right I see. Well I guess we do things differently across the water

7. Sausage

Sausage New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That Northern Ireland??

8. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    The one and only.

What stage you at in the application?

9. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just passed interview, PJFT on Saturday and then Medical a week and a bit later. Hoping PJFT goes well, I know I can do it. Just need to get my speeds correct!

10. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Was actually replying the other guy. Sorry.

11. Sausage

Sausage New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Got to book PRMC next.

12. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    But listen good luck. Should be an easy test. Just keep your cool. Don't panic just cause you start getting a bit out of breath.
    I'd imagine treadmills might be a bit more *text deleted* than how we did it

13. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    When you thinking of doing it?

14. J18

J18 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    They will not fail you for trying to adjust the speed, they allow that. They will fail you if you use the treadmill for support ( That's how I failed in the last 200 m) But I am redoing it in 2 weeks. The PT will go through a warm up and cool down with you as well as a brief beforehand.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sausage

Sausage New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Give it a month then I’ll book it.. got to perfect certain points in my phys. Namely my F’ing running!!

16. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ahhh that sucks man. Good luck on your second round though! Sure you’ll smash it this time round.

17. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    My Achilles heel is my sit ups. Got my PRMC in a few weeks and can't get up to 70 on the bleep yet.

For the running man it is as simple as adding on a couple of mile each week. I just managed a 10 miler there this evening, at the expense of a now damp tee shirt.

18. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Same regarding the sit ups. I *text deleted*ing hate them! How are you increasing your reps? Following a specific plan or working to failure each time?

19. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Sit ups I’d work your core and hip flexors, banging out reps probably won’t be that beneficial but you will get a definitive answer soon enough.

20. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Basically I just keep doing them nearly every day to the bleep. And pray to God that I'll be able to it least 60 for the PRMC. I know I won't be fresh on the day so I need to be up past 70 on the bleep if I want a chance to pass.