PJFT TUESDAY

mrnufc1105

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have my PJFT booked for Tuesday, any last minute tips on how to beat theough the wall in my head? Legs are more than capable but I tend to stop early when I feel I can’t breathe, what did everyone do to combat the mind games?

Reaction score
I haven't done a PJFT yet but when running for a particular time I try to imagine there is someone in front of me and I have to get pass them by the end, so I run faster. It's easier said than done but Perhaps when you are running you could imagine how good you will feel at the end, and think of the pain as being temporary, painful though it is. Maybe you could ask the pt if you are allowed to listen to some music, that might be helpful to you. It's hard trying to run as fast as you can on your own or on a treadmill when there is no one else to pace you, So the music could help :) best of luck for your PJFT

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Got mine coming up soon as well but on practice I just block everything out and just focus on keep putting one foot in front of the other. Sounds simple but works for me.

mrnufc1105

Reaction score
Thank you guys, just got to *text deleted* my pants for 20 minutes on a Tuesday evening and PRMC awaits, cheers for the support :)

Kez1996

Reaction score
Put it at the speed required and don't stop simple as that really! It's only 10 minutes of pain and you will face much tougher at prmc and recruit training. Good luck

Ando94

Reaction score
just think about the pride you'll have knowing your going to prmc and that your one step closer to being a royal marine.
i used to picture the green lid but i found i was putting to much pressure on myself.
so i just take it step by step and that way your more focused on the task at hand rather than the end goal. The end goal will come but you've got loads of little goals to achieve first before you get there so focus on the one at hand ie. PJFT and just dont stop doing whatever you need to do to get there no matter what!
Good luck mate.

Shaza99

Reaction score
Yeah when i did mine you were able to listen to music, I even watched the snooker and Film 4 as the treadmill had a TV in it. Just make sure you eat a lot before doing it mate!

Shaza99

Reaction score
High carbs mate, so pasta, rice, potatoes etc. Give it time to go down tho and get some sugar in just before! And as daft as it sounds don't be nervous as they take your blood pressure before doing it and if you fail it 3 times you cant do the run.

mrnufc1105

Reaction score
Okay I didn’t know they did that! I’ll have some pasta tonight and keep a little extra for tomorrow morning, then maybe a lucozade on the way down that’s seem about right?

Shaza99

Reaction score
yeah mate sounds good just eat a lot of it, I didn't have any high sugar things the day before just to make sure my bp was low enough and got there earlier than normal so wasn't stressed if i got there on time again keeping bp low. Good luck

pacessdo

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Be careful with energy drinks because they can put your blood pressure up!

mrnufc1105

Reaction score
My test is 6.30, he didn’t say whether it was AM or PM, is AM too early for a PJFT?