PJFT TUESDAY

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by mrnufc1105, Mar 11, 2018.

1. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi guys, I have my PJFT booked for Tuesday, any last minute tips on how to beat theough the wall in my head? Legs are more than capable but I tend to stop early when I feel I can’t breathe, what did everyone do to combat the mind games?

• Like Like x 1
  2. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I haven't done a PJFT yet but when running for a particular time I try to imagine there is someone in front of me and I have to get pass them by the end, so I run faster. It's easier said than done but Perhaps when you are running you could imagine how good you will feel at the end, and think of the pain as being temporary, painful though it is. Maybe you could ask the pt if you are allowed to listen to some music, that might be helpful to you. It's hard trying to run as fast as you can on your own or on a treadmill when there is no one else to pace you, So the music could help :) best of luck for your PJFT

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cuzza22297

Cuzza22297 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Got mine coming up soon as well but on practice I just block everything out and just focus on keep putting one foot in front of the other. Sounds simple but works for me.

4. LighteningWolf

LighteningWolf Royal Marines Commando

Just get on that treadmill set the speed and don't come off it until the jobs done! Its 10 minutes of hard work in order to earn your place on the most important job interview of your life, the PRMC! You'll be fine.

• Like Like x 6
  5. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thank you guys, just got to *text deleted* my pants for 20 minutes on a Tuesday evening and PRMC awaits, cheers for the support :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kez1996

Kez1996 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Put it at the speed required and don't stop simple as that really! It's only 10 minutes of pain and you will face much tougher at prmc and recruit training. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thank you

8. Ando94

Ando94 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    just think about the pride you'll have knowing your going to prmc and that your one step closer to being a royal marine.
    i used to picture the green lid but i found i was putting to much pressure on myself.
    so i just take it step by step and that way your more focused on the task at hand rather than the end goal. The end goal will come but you've got loads of little goals to achieve first before you get there so focus on the one at hand ie. PJFT and just dont stop doing whatever you need to do to get there no matter what!
    Good luck mate.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shaza99

Shaza99 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah when i did mine you were able to listen to music, I even watched the snooker and Film 4 as the treadmill had a TV in it. Just make sure you eat a lot before doing it mate!

• Like Like x 1
  10. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    What should I eat mate?

11. Shaza99

Shaza99 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    High carbs mate, so pasta, rice, potatoes etc. Give it time to go down tho and get some sugar in just before! And as daft as it sounds don't be nervous as they take your blood pressure before doing it and if you fail it 3 times you cant do the run.

12. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Okay I didn’t know they did that! I’ll have some pasta tonight and keep a little extra for tomorrow morning, then maybe a lucozade on the way down that’s seem about right?

13. Shaza99

Shaza99 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    yeah mate sounds good just eat a lot of it, I didn't have any high sugar things the day before just to make sure my bp was low enough and got there earlier than normal so wasn't stressed if i got there on time again keeping bp low. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  14. marriedwithchildren

marriedwithchildren Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Be careful with energy drinks because they can put your blood pressure up!

• Like Like x 1
  15. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    My test is 6.30, he didn’t say whether it was AM or PM, is AM too early for a PJFT?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. lp1234

lp1234 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Good luck mate and let us all know how you get on

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ando94

Ando94 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    good luck mate!

• Like Like x 1
  18. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    good luck mate, just assume pm

• Like Like x 1
  19. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I passed everyone! 9.48!

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. lp1234

lp1234 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Smashing mate what was your method like or was it just staying on the goal pace constantly?