Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Pjft while at an aquaint day

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Hodgo587, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I signed up 18 months ago but had a few medical issues to get through. I’ve Just been given a date for my pjft, when speaking at my AFCO he said that there is an aquaint day at Liverpool on the 9th April and said that I can do my pjft while I’m there. He said they’ve just got new pti’s there and would be done outside. Just wondering if anyone knows of this happening before or if it’s just started? Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I've heard of this before - as long as a pti is there, then It can count as your actual pjft. Might be worth doing, even if it is for the feedback given by the pti, which will undoubtedly help.
    Depends if you like a treadmill or not really!

3. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I’d say I prefer a treadmill. Only because I live in the Lake District so I can’t really get a good flat outdoor run like it is on the waterside in Liverpool.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Lake district is incredible mate! Went hiking there with my friend; Good place to get the hill sprints going ;)

Stick with a regular pjft then. Practice hard and let us all know how you do.

All the best.

5. borneboy

borneboy Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    has been happening for ages now i have been on two RMAD's and to do the 3miler. Did one last month and got 0929 on return run

6. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks I will do mate. Yea well I live next to a fell so I try get on there as much as possible but obviously try to avoid an ankle injury with the terrain.