Pjft

george2002

Reaction score
I passed my naval test yesterday and im going to start focusing on my pjft. Does anyone have any tips for it and how i should prepare and train for it?

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I passed my naval test yesterday and I'm going to start focusing on my pjft. Does anyone have any tips for it and how i should prepare and train for it?

Go to a gym and see what stage you are on it.

1st run do 2% incline at 7.3 mph/11.8kph will get you under 12.30

2nd run do 2% incline at 9.3mph/15kph will get you under 10.00

Try doing this don’t matter if you can’t keep the pace or need to jump off at least you know where abouts you struggle on wether it be the treadmill speed or just the overall running distance.

Good luck

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I passed my naval test yesterday and I'm going to start focusing on my pjft. Does anyone have any tips for it and how i should prepare and train for it?

Aye. First thing is to gauge where you are.
Crack a mock PJFT. See where you are. Then you can focus on it, you should have your rhythm and pace and breathing and everything sorted.

george2002

Reaction score
@aliB yeh going to do treadmill intervals and a mock once a week and then hill sprints and a long run outside

p04

Reaction score
i personally performed 0.4 mile intervals of say 15kmh with 0.2 mile jogs in between at 8.7kmh for 5 to 8 sets depending how far i could push myself that given day. always with a 2% incline.
i would do this 3 to 4 times a week, up to 5 times in the last two weeks in the run up to my pjft