Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Knotty1863

Knotty1863 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I recently passed my pjft at 9:35 and I was at the stage where I could barely breath at the end. Would you suggest I get any fitter now or just go for it even though I could hardly breath haha

2. Geespt

Geespt Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    The test is a maximum effort so you’ll want to be just going for it anyway, i did so many practice 1.5 mile and return and felt the same!

Keep doing max effort as you want to be doing that anyway and the more you do it the fitter you’ll get anyway.

If you get into training, at week 9 you’ll be expected to do the same, but in boots and PCS trousers so just keep doing them as it’ll help.

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

PJFT requires a unique technique and ability as it is conducted on a treadmill. Many don't specifically train for it which might explain why you think you struggled. Fortunately you passed so you can now forget treadmills and focus on exceed the requirements of your PRMC. Best of luck.