Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. Stin123

Stin123 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So I’m currently a year away from when my ideal intake (September 2021) is and have yet to begin the application process. I’ve only recently just got into cardio and am unsure as to what the best training plan is. I’m quite bulky and currently extremely unfit in terms of cardiovascular endurance.

I have been running 10 minute miles at best effort and my 5K time is just under 40 minutes. I know this is not even close to where I need to be but am unsure of the best training plan for me as I am extremely new to running.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or training tips provided.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. Plenty of information, comment and robust debate here. Just dive in.

The good news is that running performance improves with training and as excess weight falls off. If you haven't yet seen it and require inspiration take a look at this thread:

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/your-last-session-workout.65600/

I'll wager that many of the contributors were once in your position. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tetley

Tetley New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Not as detailed as the post above but a couple of thoughts.
    • Learn to stretch before and after runs properly.
    • Join your local ParkRun (when it opens again). Running with a group will help.
    • Don't run every day to start with.
    • Learn about stride length and strike rate. If you stretch properly your stride will lengthen and you will be faster.
    Good luck

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stin123

Stin123 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Great thanks so much!