Pjft

AdamNick

Reaction score
Hey, I have my medical on Thursday which obiviously means I will have my PJFT within 28 days after just need some tips on how to prepare and the times.

What speed will i need to run at to get closest to 12:30?

What speed will i need to run at to get around the 9 minute mark?

Would you advise keeping it at one speed?

How should i prepare such as eating the night before and on the day?

Thanks!

Kentish

Reaction score
If you set the treadmill to 12kmh then you will get a return of around 12:10...

For the return, an average speed of 16kmh will get you a return of 9mins. This is the average though, so you must accommodate for the treadmill increase speed.

With regards the rest, your best bet is to get some practice in, running mocks on a treadmill to see what suits you best.

AdamNick

Reaction score
If you set the treadmill to 12kmh then you will get a return of around 12:10...

For the return, an average speed of 16kmh will get you a return of 9mins. This is the average though, so you must accommodate for the treadmill increase speed.

With regards the rest, your best bet is to get some practice in, running mocks on a treadmill to see what suits you best.
Cheers for the speeds! I didn't really go on treadmills untill last month they are a lot harder to run on in my opinion that running on road. I'm going to do a mock test tomorrow with 12kmh and then 16kmh.

Blorange

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
treadmills should be easier to run on, because your legs dont hit the ground as hard and your stride is always set at a constant speed

for 9 minute return
10.0000 mph
16.0934 kmh

doddsy84

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Haha I got told to do 16 on the treadmill to get a good return! I got upto 12 and thought there is no way I can run any faster, then I realised they meant kph and my treadmill is mph!

AndyBrookes1995

Reaction score
Yeah 12 for the first one and just stick to that. Then for the second one start of at 16kph and just stick to that, when you get around the 6 minute mark just take it up. Last 400 meters just sprint as quick as you can!

When I did mine I had rice and chicken the night before. Get an early night and wake up around 7 or 8. Have some porridge for the complex carbs. If your PJFT is at 12 then have the porridge around half 9 so about 2 and a half hours before. Two days before your PJFT start drinking quite a bit of water. About an hour before your PJFT go easy on the water and just have a little bit before you go in.

Good luck mate, I'm sure you will smash it.

Carl1PRM

Reaction score
Cheers for the speeds! I didn't really go on treadmills untill last month they are a lot harder to run on in my opinion that running on road. I'm going to do a mock test tomorrow with 12kmh and then 16kmh.
Previous mentioned speeds seem pretty accurate to be fair

If your not really used to treadmill start the return at 14.5 this will safely get you home sub 10.

If your finding that comfortable then i would push up the speed.

When i first started using the treadmills i found it strange and a little un-natural. Last thing you want to do it pull up with a strain or run out of gas before the end

Oh and dont forget to set the incline to 2%

Haha I got told to do 16 on the treadmill to get a good return! I got upto 12 and thought there is no way I can run any faster, then I realised they meant kph and my treadmill is mph!
Ha Ha did the same thing when i switched gyms, was blowing out of my *text deleted**text deleted* and couldn't think why ^^

Yeah 12 for the first one and just stick to that. Then for the second one start of at 16kph and just stick to that, when you get around the 6 minute mark just take it up. Last 400 meters just sprint as quick as you can!

When I did mine I had rice and chicken the night before. Get an early night and wake up around 7 or 8. Have some porridge for the complex carbs. If your PJFT is at 12 then have the porridge around half 9 so about 2 and a half hours before. Two days before your PJFT start drinking quite a bit of water. About an hour before your PJFT go easy on the water and just have a little bit before you go in.

Good luck mate, I'm sure you will smash it.
Good luck for your interview on the 12th dude :)