Pjft

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alright fellas
i have my pjft on Friday and i have been going to the gym almost everyday training for it and i can't seem to do it. i always have it on level 15 and i get to 2.1 maybe 2.2km. I push myself so hard to go on and try and do it in the required time but i can never seem to do it, and it has a real affect on my confidence.

i'm wondering should i postpone it for a bit so that i am ready for it or should i go and do the pjft and see where i stand after that?

any advice to do with the pjft would be great!!!

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just do it mate, i was so nervous before mine and couldn't seem to do it at the gym either but on the day i whacked that baby up to 15.5 and just ran. Just get yourself motivated, have some coca cola before you run and go mental! Good luck, not that you'll need it :smile:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
If you keep it on 15 all the way you will do it in the time. But for extra measure sprint the last 0.4 as fast as you can and that should also shave about 10 – 20 seconds.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
[/quote]I push myself so hard to go on and try and do it in the required time but i can never seem to do it[/quote]

What time are you doing it in then?

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
The only thing i would do in your situlation would be to try again, whilst listenin to motivating music ... on the treadmil, i always listen to penedulum to get me motivated but i would say just have another crack at it

But remember don't over do it, you say your pjft is on friday, i would take a couple of rest days within the next few days ... The last thing you want to do is injured yourself before or even on your pjft

All the best :biggrin:

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]What time are you doing it in then?[/QUOTE]

i'm doing it in about 10.45 but that is with time taken off for the treadmill to get up to speed!

Lee

Reaction score
i would give it one last go on wednesday. if u r getting to 2.1km then the 300m isnt far to go. remember the faster u go, the sooner its over haha. all u need to do is keep goin for another 1min or so.

if u cant do it by wednesday, cancel it. and book a for a few weeks time. if u fail(which i did 1st try) i had to wait close to 3 months for another go.u dont want to do that. smashed it 2nd time though. use up as much of the 28 days u are allowed to book your pjft.

if u manage it on wednesday. rest thursday and have a good meal that night. have a banana 30 mins ish before your test and dont drink too much water. and just do it.

the rest is up to u, how much do u want it. its only 10 mins.

dig deep and good luck.

[edit, just seen what time u are doing it in. speed up the treadmill!!]

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i suppose its just about digging deep and getting it done!
cheers for the help lee mate!!
thats class!

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i no how u feel im having the same problem but im a rejoin so i done it befor and i no i will do it on the day its just one of those things you do and pull out of the bag, dont no why it just happens, just think when you have passed it you never have to run on a treadmill again, which is good because i hate the f u ckin things personally!!:thefinger::thefinger: