Pjft

chrystal19

Reaction score
I am going to attempt this tomorrow at the gym, its the only thing I've yet to try. The treadmills work in miles, and mph, so is it still 14.6 i set the speed to, or the imperial equivalent?

Thanks

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
well 14.6 mph is like sprinting. Do you mean 14.6 kph? if so set it to 9mph.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I did most of it at 14kph then put it to 16 at the end and got about 9:32, I'd set it atleast at 15kph if you care about the time.

chrystal19

Reaction score
Yeah I tried it today, 9.2mph until the last 3 and a half minutes and then I upped it a bit. Did it in 9:30, I'll try again next week and I'll hope for under 9 because I wasn't even that out of breath today.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If its in mph you want to keep it above 10mph for sub 9 mins

chrystal19

Reaction score
Thanks mate, I'll try 10 mph till the last minute then up to 10.5.

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yo guys,

my fitness first reps are completely and utterly useless, ive asked every personal trainer, receptionist and employee therem, what average speed i need to go at in kmh to get 9:30 or under and none of them seem to be able to help me..
ive done it twice now and keep just upping the speed on the way through but would prefer to know just an average speed i would be able to go at so that i can just focus on that..

dont suppose anyone knows a good average speed in kmh ?

cheers,

Ash

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yo guys,

cheers,

Ash

Formula: Speed = Distance ÷ Time
Distance = 1.5 Miles
Time = 9min 30 sec

Therefore Speed = 9.4736 mph and to get it in km/h you multiply it by 1.61 so answer is 15.252.

You will need to take into account the time the treadmill takes to get up to speed as well so either set a slightly higher speed and for last 30-45 secs of run bang it up high and you will come under 9min 30 sec with ease

Or just go with Maxpains option of a straight forward 17km/h as it will keep you at a constant running pace and make it easier, but play around with it and see what works for you

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
17 gets you down to about 8:15 not a lot of people can do that

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yo guys,

my fitness first reps are completely and utterly useless, ive asked every personal trainer, receptionist and employee therem, what average speed i need to go at in kmh to get 9:30 or under and none of them seem to be able to help me..
ive done it twice now and keep just upping the speed on the way through but would prefer to know just an average speed i would be able to go at so that i can just focus on that..

cheers,

Ash

*text deleted*, why would a rececptionist know. Its just as easy for you to work it out as it is for them mate.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
17 gets you down to about 8:15 not a lot of people can do that

Good point I neglected to think about it like that my bad.

Well the basic time and speed is up atleast so Ash can work around it and see where he fits in with his abilities.