Pjft

Danny111

Reaction score
Alright lads

Just a quick question, i have got my medical on monday and i am really unfit now due to illness. I was just wondering how long it is untill you have to do your PJFT after your medical and some tips on building up CV fitness fast would be greatly appreciated. :shakehands:

Cheers lads

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its two weeks i think, or 20 days or something, do fartlek 3 milers, and fast 3 milers, maybe some hill sprints also.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
within 28 days of the letter you will receive about the PJFT. That will come after your AFCO has confirmed that the medical is a success.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Try and up the distance of your runs, do more circuit training and add in a few sprint sessions is a good way to up your fitness quickly especially the sprints

Danny111

Reaction score
by sprints do you mean hill sprints, interval training and how long etc.

Cheers

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh hill sprints would be great mate, I'd sprint up a hill then slow jogg down, then back up again and continue this for about 5-10 mins, does'nt sound like long but it sure as hell is when its sprinting pal *text deleted*. You don't necessarily have to sprint up a Hill, I sometimes went to the local footy ground and sprint the legnth of it then jogged a length back and continued again for 5-10 mins, you will be suprised how effective it is for your fitness as all that sprinting will eventually make jogging/brisk run feel easy, thats how I feel anyway. After a few weeks of doing these sprints feel free to up the time you spend on it to your suitability pal.

Danny111

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice lads will do. Just have to see how it goes now