PJFT

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Rob20, Jan 20, 2015.

1. OJL

OJL Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    So i've passed PJFT today. Was a walk in the park. 1st run - 11:44 / 2nd run - 9:13. Happy days

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Matt333

Matt333 New Member

Passed mine yesterday, 10.40 and 9.42.
    Had a nightmare on the first run, I thought it was in kmph but it was in mph so I ran the first mile in about 6 minutes then realised what had happened and walked for 5 minutes -banghead-. Then for the second run I just put it on about 14.8 and didn't touch it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Smash

Smash Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Heading back to the UK on Saturday so going to get my application rolling as soon as. My second time on the treadmill today, got a return of 10:40! Not great but hoping to get it down to under 10 minutes over the next few weeks. Pleased enough though, I hate running on the treadmill. My outside time is around 9:15, so just need to keep working on running inside.

4. Welsh_dragon

Welsh_dragon Member

i been struggling with my return run since injury, done the first run last night at 12:24 then i tried 6x400m at 16.5kph i managed 5 of those and on the last i was holding on for dear life. I'm starting to worry now because my medical is the 13th and then its just 28 days! its all mental block i think !

5. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Appears to be a recurring theme but I can easily smash these speeds on road but have been struggling with the treadmill effect for sometime - been ill the past few days but went to the gym after reading this thread and psyching myself up - and came out with a 12:02 for the first half and 9:45 for the second leg, happy days!

6. ozzy2323

ozzy2323 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Passed PJFT yesterday. It is 100% just a mental game, I hadn't passed a single mock leading up to the actual test but surprised myself on the day.
    The PT who supervised me was great and my favourite tip from him was "Don't stop, it's only 10minutes and it's over, even if you throw up all over the treadmill, keep going, we can clean-well- you can clean that up afterwards"

• Like Like x 5
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Daleee

Daleee New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    How do i go about getting some free nuffield passes to try out there treadmills please anyone?
    Spoke to my afco they said speak to nuffield, spoke to them they said look on there website cant and find them.

EDIT: nevermind sorted it :)

8. george2002

george2002 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cant even finish the second run what should i be doing to make sure I'm ready for my pjft which should be in a month or two

9. Seags98

Seags98 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    In all honesty you should be able to finish your second run by now, any chance you can get in touch with your CA and ask to re-book your pjft for another time?

What’s your times for the second run?

10. Kez1996

Kez1996 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Probably best putting your application on hold until you know you can pass

11. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    By finish, do you mean you can't finish it at all or you can't finish it in the time?

12. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Always finish the 2nd run even if it takes you 12 minutes. Do 15kmph for as long as possible and then bring it down till a jog until you feel ready to go again then hammer it until the finish. Don't bank on scraping through mocks and doing the same on the day as many including myself found it much harder. The minimum speed is supposedly 14.4 but 14.8 on mine with a sprint finish only got me in in 9:49 so take into account the time for the treadmill to speed up, good luck though!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. Seags98

Seags98 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Also bare in mind if you only do just scrape through and get for example a 10:20 return run, your AFCO won’t be too confident in putting you on to a PRMC, the AFCO staff and the Royals hosting an RMAD I attended said the minimum time to be accepted onto a PRMC is a sub 10 minute run. You don’t want to be aiming for minimum results at all, like it was said above you should consider putting your application on hold and give yourself 2/3 months solid training before resuming your app.

14. p04

p04 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    some treadmills are easier than others. i failed all my mocks but the real thing was an absolute breeze. went back to training on the treadmill and still could never quite complete a mock.
    I just passed my PRMC with a 9.21 return. so what I'm saying is, maybe your gyms treadmill is calibrated differently. another applicant i spoke to who did his at the same gym as me said he also failed all his mocks but the pjft was easy as. i noticed that there was no noticeable incline during my pjft despite the treadmill being set to 2%, unlike in my home gym where it is very noticeable

15. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Am I okay to ask what type of treadmills both of these were?

16. george2002

george2002 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeh when i said cant finish i meant cant finish the second run in the time needed @northmonkeySW

17. p04

p04 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    i go to pure gym, I'm not sure what treadmills they use il have to check but another applicant was saying he noticed the techno gym treadmills are significantly more inclined. i would suggest you take a trip to what ever gym you will be taking your pjft at and trying out the treadmill before hand. My gym had two different brands of treadmill, so make sure you check each one. this could potentially make the difference of what i would have to guess to be a 1.5 kmh faster run. what is your outdoor return like?

18. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Interesting, my gym has techno gym treadmills but two different types. One is much larger and is noticeably more inclined, whereas the newer techno gym model is fine.

I've also been to my local Gymbox which uses the Les Mills treadmill and found it to be roughly the same as the 'easier' techogym treadmill. It's one of these that my local test centre uses apparently (although I will go and do a mock PJFT there so I'm used to it.

Outdoors I'm doing something in the region of 9:20 return, depending on how accurate you judge Strava to be!

19. p04

p04 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    thats a good time, i would recommend a 9 minute return for prmc just to be extra safe. if you can do that and smash out some bunny hop/hill sprint workouts then you will be fine. sprint 100 meters uphill, jog back, bunny hop 50 meters, jog back, repeat ect. bunny hops sound cute and tame but they will feel infinite and really test your limits

20. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm aiming for as quick as possible, under 9 is the aim! I'm fine with long distances, as I'm set to do the London marathon next year so been training for that - working on my 1.5 mile time has been an interesting addition and a good challenge.

Cheers for the tip - i'll work those in as well. What were your scores on PRMC?