PJFT

Kermenzie

Reaction score
As of yet I’m still waiting to see a cardiologist, so I’m still at the medical stage. But I did a mock run this morning and got an 8:45 return and I’m still using the same programme so I’d say it’s working for me at the moment

bloody hell mate.... that's fast. I'm on my last attempt soon. I really don't want to fail again, just to top everything off my grandad passed away recently... great turn of events aha

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
bloody hell mate.... that's fast. I'm on my last attempt soon. I really don't want to fail again, just to top everything off my grandad passed away recently... great turn of events aha

Sorry to hear about your grandad

When do you have your 3rd attempt?

Kermenzie

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your grandad

When do you have your 3rd attempt?
its okay, My AFCO is going to ring me in January sometime, and I am supposed to tell him if I want my third attempt or if I want to change my career path. really torn on what to do, I need to find a training program that is going give results relatively fast aha

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
its okay, My AFCO is going to ring me in January sometime, and I am supposed to tell him if I want my third attempt or if I want to change my career path. really torn on what to do, I need to find a training program that is going give results relatively fast aha

What happened with the other 2 attempts? Like what part did you fail on and times eg.

Don’t give up still use that 3rd attempt while you still have a chance to.

Some people have different things that work for them just keep training on what it is your training for to get better.

It’s better to fail knowing you did your best than looking back with regrets not giving it your all.

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Take your third attempt, don’t jack it now, follow arnys programme if you want something simple and effective (I’d be happy to PM you it) and put your family life to one side when you do it.

It’s only 20 minutes of pain and then it’s done.

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
Ok so I appear to be struggling with this still - can smash the first one, and can do the second one in under 10 minutes if I split it into gaps of 2 minutes with say 15 second breaks between but just can't seem to push pass it. I'm thinking it might be a case of having to do more long runs to bring my cardio up to scratch?

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Train specific, run on a treadmill for all sessions worry about outdoors when you pass pjft.

One sprint session 800m
One incline 2-3mile
Two mocks one at start one at end of week

All done with 1.5 mile warm up in under 12:30

davvowavvo

Reaction score
Passed mine this week - 12:12 and 9:28. Word of advice to anyone traning for their's... Don't underestimate the difference the treadmill makes! I have been hitting 8:30 returns on the road consistently but stupidly only tried on a treadmill a few days ago and was gutted to find it considerably harder -- thankfully I passed and I'm now in a really good position for the three-miler on PRMC. The temperature inside the gym combined with the difference in bounce of the treadmill definitely has an impact so I'd really suggest getting on a treadmill as early as you can just to see how your treadmill/road scores compare. You might actually find them pretty similar but I'd definitely checking quite early on to be on the safe side!

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
Pleased to say I passed my PJFT first time this morning! First run in 11:58 and return in 9:48. Messed up the timing a bit as the treadmill was slower than expected so did the last minute at 17.8!

I have to say hill sprints really did me well, along with lots of long distance runs (10 miles +) making 1.5 seem like no distance at all. Coupled with 800m sprints on the treadmill. Before today I'd struggled to even get past 5 minutes on the return, so I went in feeling quite unsure of myself. Very pleased with the result and onwards to POC!

Thank you to everyone in this thread for some solid advice.

Imperator13

Reaction score
Passed pjft today 12:08 and 9:28. Really don't think it's as bad as it sometimes gets made out to be and I'm far from a strong runner. Best tip i can give, don't hit stop

Well done mate, a lot of people struggling with how boring it is I believe it’s mainly a test of the mind I’d say! Good luck with your PRMC.

Catfish

Reaction score
Well done mate, a lot of people struggling with how boring it is I believe it’s mainly a test of the mind I’d say! Good luck with your PRMC.

Thanks mate, and yeah it's not much fun. Stuck me in front of a blank wall was trying to avoid looking at the time as best I could

Shaza99

Reaction score
It definitely goes slower when you look at the time *text deleted*, on my first PJFT i put the snooker on the screen

Mogley09

Reaction score
Mate everyone's going to claim doing the "harder" test (not saying you didn't) just in general

bjoy23

Reaction score
Alright guys. Hopefully get a pjft in the next few months so am *text deleted* start practising on the treadmill abit.
This morning I had to go into work for a 20 minute stamina swim (I'm a lifeguard ;) ).
After that I had a go at the pjft. Finished first one in like 12:10 no probs. Second run I stopped at 1.7km. I was on track to pass but the end of the swim left me with a bit of cramp so aren't too disheartened considering I wasn't going into it fresh but has anyone got any top tips for treadmill running that has worked for you. I hate them!
Interval training on the treadmill helped me quite a lot 2 mins on 10 then 1 minute on 15/16 depending on what you can cope with will really help you getting used to running at that pace, you’ll be hanging out but will be so worth it