Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PJFT

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Rob20, Jan 20, 2015.

1. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Paid for the test and report and later found out the whole thing was a Capita error and I shouldn't of been PMU'd

2. Seags98

Seags98 Member

What I meant to say is that if I’d have gone through with the NHS I’d be waiting up to 18 weeks but by opting private I’ve got an appointment mid December.

Aye I see, you can obviously complete the run so just get into the right mindset and you’re sure to pass.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seags98

Seags98 Member

that one sentence basically describes CAPITA’s incompetence, god knows how they ever got the recruiting contract

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'll give it a go! What did you focus on for the PJFT? And what were you getting when you first started training? 8:50-9:00 is impressive!

5. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yea I wouldn’t wait up to 18 weeks if didn’t have to but a few nice words and a bit of luck with your gp someone could cancel an appointment with there cardiologist so could always be quicker but sein as you have it all sorted it’s all fine!.

I actually don’t know haven’t tried it which wasn’t the best idea.

Just been standing outside doctors for ages to get an appointment for blood pressure note/test just in case any hiccups tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seags98

Seags98 Member

When I first started training I was an absolute phys biff, was getting the return in about 15 minutes, this was due to the fact I was heavy into powerlifting and oly lifting, the biggest factor also being pure idleness. Anyways after some “gentle” persuasion by my dad I got my head into gear and started 'extra phys' myself daily to the point where i wasn’t finished until I passed out or puked (did more harm than good so I don’t recommend).

My training programme is as follows although I’ll mix it up to avoid getting bored.

Monday:
    PFJT mock
    RMFA in the afternoon

Tuesday:
    8/10 miler
    Either deadlifts or Power cleans in the afternoon (5 sets of 3 with decently heavy weight)

Wednesday:
    PFJT mock
    Swim (10 sets 10 lengths and 2 minutes treading water)

Thursday:
    Hill sprints until failure and then bunny hops until failure after a 5 minute rest
    RMFA circuit in the afternoon

Friday
    Rest

Saturday
    5km steady row or a 30 min recovery swim

Sunday
    Rest

I was following arnys plan for around 3 months which was one of the main factor of improving my PJFT time. considering going back to it as I feel I’m overtraining a bit too much and I don’t want to injure myself and then put myself out of training for however long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Seags98

Seags98 Member

Keep us posted when it’s all over and done with mate!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kermenzie

Kermenzie New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I know it says you've only done the medical but have you done your PJFT yet? if you have and you passed how well did you do when you were using this program?

9. Seags98

Seags98 Member

As of yet I’m still waiting to see a cardiologist, so I’m still at the medical stage. But I did a mock run this morning and got an 8:45 return and I’m still using the same programme so I’d say it’s working for me at the moment

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  10. Kermenzie

Kermenzie New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    bloody hell mate.... that's fast. I'm on my last attempt soon. I really don't want to fail again, just to top everything off my grandad passed away recently... great turn of events aha

11. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Sorry to hear about your grandad

When do you have your 3rd attempt?

12. Kermenzie

Kermenzie New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    its okay, My AFCO is going to ring me in January sometime, and I am supposed to tell him if I want my third attempt or if I want to change my career path. really torn on what to do, I need to find a training program that is going give results relatively fast aha

13. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    What happened with the other 2 attempts? Like what part did you fail on and times eg.

Don’t give up still use that 3rd attempt while you still have a chance to.

Some people have different things that work for them just keep training on what it is your training for to get better.

It’s better to fail knowing you did your best than looking back with regrets not giving it your all.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  14. Seags98

Seags98 Member

Take your third attempt, don’t jack it now, follow arnys programme if you want something simple and effective (I’d be happy to PM you it) and put your family life to one side when you do it.

It’s only 20 minutes of pain and then it’s done.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  15. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ok so I appear to be struggling with this still - can smash the first one, and can do the second one in under 10 minutes if I split it into gaps of 2 minutes with say 15 second breaks between but just can't seem to push pass it. I'm thinking it might be a case of having to do more long runs to bring my cardio up to scratch?

16. Nod1201

Nod1201 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Train specific, run on a treadmill for all sessions worry about outdoors when you pass pjft.

One sprint session 800m
    One incline 2-3mile
    Two mocks one at start one at end of week

All done with 1.5 mile warm up in under 12:30

• Like Like x 1
  17. george2002

george2002 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Passed my pjft today got 12:00 and then 9:27 return, hadnt passed many mocks before but nerves and adrenaline definitely help

• Like Like x 6
  18. davvowavvo

davvowavvo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Passed mine this week - 12:12 and 9:28. Word of advice to anyone traning for their's... Don't underestimate the difference the treadmill makes! I have been hitting 8:30 returns on the road consistently but stupidly only tried on a treadmill a few days ago and was gutted to find it considerably harder -- thankfully I passed and I'm now in a really good position for the three-miler on PRMC. The temperature inside the gym combined with the difference in bounce of the treadmill definitely has an impact so I'd really suggest getting on a treadmill as early as you can just to see how your treadmill/road scores compare. You might actually find them pretty similar but I'd definitely checking quite early on to be on the safe side!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Cuzza22297

Cuzza22297 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Having applied well over a year ago and a 9 month hold up at the medical stage, I have finally got to and passed the pjft stage. Being on prmc!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Pleased to say I passed my PJFT first time this morning! First run in 11:58 and return in 9:48. Messed up the timing a bit as the treadmill was slower than expected so did the last minute at 17.8!

I have to say hill sprints really did me well, along with lots of long distance runs (10 miles +) making 1.5 seem like no distance at all. Coupled with 800m sprints on the treadmill. Before today I'd struggled to even get past 5 minutes on the return, so I went in feeling quite unsure of myself. Very pleased with the result and onwards to POC!

Thank you to everyone in this thread for some solid advice.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1