PJFT

Imperator13

Reaction score
Passed pjft today 12:08 and 9:28. Really don't think it's as bad as it sometimes gets made out to be and I'm far from a strong runner. Best tip i can give, don't hit stop
Well done mate, a lot of people struggling with how boring it is I believe it’s mainly a test of the mind I’d say! Good luck with your PRMC.

Catfish

Reaction score
Well done mate, a lot of people struggling with how boring it is I believe it’s mainly a test of the mind I’d say! Good luck with your PRMC.
Thanks mate, and yeah it's not much fun. Stuck me in front of a blank wall was trying to avoid looking at the time as best I could

Shaza99

Reaction score
It definitely goes slower when you look at the time *text deleted*, on my first PJFT i put the snooker on the screen

Mogley09

Reaction score
Mate everyone's going to claim doing the "harder" test (not saying you didn't) just in general

bjoy23

Reaction score
Alright guys. Hopefully get a pjft in the next few months so am *text deleted* start practising on the treadmill abit.
This morning I had to go into work for a 20 minute stamina swim (I'm a lifeguard ;) ).
After that I had a go at the pjft. Finished first one in like 12:10 no probs. Second run I stopped at 1.7km. I was on track to pass but the end of the swim left me with a bit of cramp so aren't too disheartened considering I wasn't going into it fresh but has anyone got any top tips for treadmill running that has worked for you. I hate them!
Interval training on the treadmill helped me quite a lot 2 mins on 10 then 1 minute on 15/16 depending on what you can cope with will really help you getting used to running at that pace, you’ll be hanging out but will be so worth it

Geespt

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just did my PJFT today!

The woman who owned the gym set the first run on 11.7KMH and the second on 14KMH on a 0% incline. (I trained on a 3 thinking it was a 2 incline until last week i found out it’s been made easier)

These are both within the new pass standards.

I was told for the first run i wasn’t to touch the speed or incline so it was kinda like a warm up. The Second she set the speed and told me i could make this faster as i wish! :)

Anyone whos worried about their PJFT, dont be!

Mogley09

Reaction score
Just did my PJFT today!

The woman who owned the gym set the first run on 11.7KMH and the second on 14KMH on a 0% incline. (I trained on a 3 thinking it was a 2 incline until last week i found out it’s been made easier)

These are both within the new pass standards.

I was told for the first run i wasn’t to touch the speed or incline so it was kinda like a warm up. The Second she set the speed and told me i could make this faster as i wish! :)

Anyone whos worried about their PJFT, dont be!
I smashed mine last sat, trained for the old standard and the knew one doesn't break a sweat. Asked for a PRMC early September gives me a few weeks of solid training now hopefully to be in better shape by then.

Geespt

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I’ll probably here back sometime next week from my AFCO careers advisor and i was thinking the same! Ask for a date that will give me enough few weeks to smash some training!

lp1234

Reaction score
Been breaking myself training for the past 6 months because had to wait as I broke my hand. Should be getting a phone call for a medical in 1 week today thank the lord. Injured at the moment with a bit of shin splints so just doing a full week of aquajogging and light swimming.

I still train with the old standards on the 2% incline, and can do my bft outside in 8.50 now. So hopefully when it comes to PJFT the flat will shock my body

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Been breaking myself training for the past 6 months because had to wait as I broke my hand. Should be getting a phone call for a medical in 1 week today thank the lord. Injured at the moment with a bit of shin splints so just doing a full week of aquajogging and light swimming.

I still train with the old standards on the 2% incline, and can do my bft outside in 8.50 now. So hopefully when it comes to PJFT the flat will shock my body

AngryArgie

Reaction score
PJFT cracked today! Came in at 11:58 & 9:06

Thought I was going to spew numerous times, see you later dreadmill you ‘orrible bastard -vomit-