PJFT

Geespt

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just did my PJFT today!

The woman who owned the gym set the first run on 11.7KMH and the second on 14KMH on a 0% incline. (I trained on a 3 thinking it was a 2 incline until last week i found out it’s been made easier)

These are both within the new pass standards.

I was told for the first run i wasn’t to touch the speed or incline so it was kinda like a warm up. The Second she set the speed and told me i could make this faster as i wish! :)

Anyone whos worried about their PJFT, dont be!

Mogley09

Reaction score
Just did my PJFT today!

The woman who owned the gym set the first run on 11.7KMH and the second on 14KMH on a 0% incline. (I trained on a 3 thinking it was a 2 incline until last week i found out it’s been made easier)

These are both within the new pass standards.

I was told for the first run i wasn’t to touch the speed or incline so it was kinda like a warm up. The Second she set the speed and told me i could make this faster as i wish! :)

Anyone whos worried about their PJFT, dont be!
I smashed mine last sat, trained for the old standard and the knew one doesn't break a sweat. Asked for a PRMC early September gives me a few weeks of solid training now hopefully to be in better shape by then.

Geespt

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I’ll probably here back sometime next week from my AFCO careers advisor and i was thinking the same! Ask for a date that will give me enough few weeks to smash some training!

lp1234

Reaction score
Been breaking myself training for the past 6 months because had to wait as I broke my hand. Should be getting a phone call for a medical in 1 week today thank the lord. Injured at the moment with a bit of shin splints so just doing a full week of aquajogging and light swimming.

I still train with the old standards on the 2% incline, and can do my bft outside in 8.50 now. So hopefully when it comes to PJFT the flat will shock my body

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Been breaking myself training for the past 6 months because had to wait as I broke my hand. Should be getting a phone call for a medical in 1 week today thank the lord. Injured at the moment with a bit of shin splints so just doing a full week of aquajogging and light swimming.

I still train with the old standards on the 2% incline, and can do my bft outside in 8.50 now. So hopefully when it comes to PJFT the flat will shock my body

AngryArgie

Reaction score
PJFT cracked today! Came in at 11:58 & 9:06

Thought I was going to spew numerous times, see you later dreadmill you ‘orrible bastard -vomit-

J18

Reaction score
PJFT cracked today! Came in at 11:58 & 9:06

Thought I was going to spew numerous times, see you later dreadmill you ‘orrible bastard -vomit-
congrats ! Did he let you listen to music ? I have got mine in a few hours

AngryArgie

Reaction score
congrats ! Did he let you listen to music ? I have got mine in a few hours

Cheers mate, I didn’t ask but the pti I had was a top guy I’m pretty sure if I had asked I’d be allowed to, might vary from pt to pt though. Good luck anyway mate hoping you smash it and don’t deviate from your original plan of how you usually do it, I could’ve got a sub 9 if I hadn’t got cocky halfway through and stuck it on 18

Reactions: J18

J18

Reaction score
Cheers mate, I didn’t ask but the pti I had was a top guy I’m pretty sure if I had asked I’d be allowed to, might vary from pt to pt though. Good luck anyway mate hoping you smash it and don’t deviate from your original plan of how you usually do it, I could’ve got a sub 9 if I hadn’t got cocky halfway through and stuck it on 18
Thank you ! I did the same thing on one of my practice runs but I have learnt from my mistakes. I will let you know how it goes

AverageJoe

Reaction score
I have seen that some treadmills have screens on them so you can choose a setting where it looks like your running in real time on actual terrain. there is a few in my local gym. It really helps take your mind off the running.

cobb

Reaction score
Passed medical today after a long appeal .

Now *text deleted* get ready for pjft my runs for next two weeks are following any tips would be very appreciated .

M Mock pjft
T 4x800m 4x400m
W
T Mock pjft
F 4x800m 4x400m
S 3 mile steady
S

cheath

Reaction score
Can someone clear up these new PJFT standards please?

I’m training at 2.0 incline for both runs regardless and will keep it at that but I’m seeing conflicting posts, just need someone to put me straight please haha.

fine

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

I’m training at 2.0 incline for both runs regardless and will keep it at that but I’m seeing conflicting posts, just need someone to put me straight please haha.
The test is without any incline now

springbok

Reaction score

1st 1.5 under 12:30, return under 10:30 there is not any incline on either anymore