Please be honest guys (Edited thread)

carlie

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just looking for some honest advice and answers to put my mind at ease.
My partner is in the process of joining the Royal Marines he only has his PRMC to do.
We have been together for 4 years now since i was just 15 and him 16, we lived together for 3 years of that and have a 1year old Daughter.
We are very close an as you can imagine i will find it hard as the last 3 years we have spent every single night together.

I really really dont want him to go as i love him to pieces and our Daughter is very young she will not know him when he comes home which is very sad.
I have been completely supportive of him as i know its what his allways wanted to do since a young age. I will continue to support him too and will try my hardest not to stand in his way as i do not want him regretting not going in years to come.

Basically i feel most people who join are not in such a serious relationship with kids like we are, im sure theres guys that go who have long term gf's but not actually lived with them ect.
And i feel that alot of you find *text deleted* partners or settle down with *text deleted* partners and have children once you are alreday in the Royal Marines, which is much better as then they havent got to ajust to a big change.

I am terrified that things are not going to work as me and my daughter Tia are going to have to ajust in such a big way, and deep down i know im going to find it very hard and get lonely, i also have the fear that he will meet somebody else or we will drift apart ect. I dont know what to do what are the chances of things working and whats the chances of things failing?

I love Daniel L to pieces and we are engaged and so on, and i will support him the best i can and see how things go when he goes,
but on the other hand i need to think of my Daughter too, am i better off breaking away now whatever the heart ache to save a break up further down the line affecting her????

I know when he had his interview they didnt want to accept him as our Daughter so young but becuase of his will to want to join so uch they proceeded.

Blimey thats a long Thread *text deleted* anyways if you could just be honest for my Daughters sake and let me *text deleted* what you think of this situation it will be much appreciated.

Carlie

brummielad

Reaction score
Support him 100%. He ll need you and your daughter behind him. I understand what you are thinking but if you love him and he loves you things can work, of course they can hes not going away forever. I myself have a girlfriend of which i have been with for 3 years now, obviously nothing compared to your situation but its going to be hard leaving her. I just promised that every secound i have spare i will devote to her and her only, and asked her to stand by me. Its going to be difficult for your daughter but you should not feel lonely you can put all your attention and effort into raising her knowing her father is a Royal Marine. Dont think he is joining to break free, many people want a crack at this carearr but not many have the bollocks too. If you beleive yourself things can work then they will. Do not give up on your relationship like many do.

carlie

Reaction score
thanks to those who replied its appreciated, and who ever just wrote that then got rid of it wat an insensitive w*text deleted**text deleted*r.

MMM1664

Sergeant RM
Reaction score
Calm it!

Look love its nothing personal.....but i wont bull*text deleted**text deleted* you.

You may think im a knob, insensitive, or a *text deleted**text deleted* (even all three) But ill tell you the truth (or my opinion) and there will be no thrills and whistle with it.

Life is life, people come and people go....no difference if your a marine or not.

*text deleted* said this before and ill say this again. There are two families in the Marines....the ones with Green Berets and the ones at home. The two will not mix, and when the call of duty comes....sorry but the former is more important.

Hi Carlie,

Firstly lets get something straight here, I dont think its appropriate that certain people giving advice on here think they are being 'Pro Corps' by whats been said, especially seeing as the guy thats made these comments is still yet to conduct Training!

Anyhow, take it from me, I have 2 kids and have been a Royal Marine for 12 years now, the reality is, yes it is hard and I will not try to make you believe its not, however if you can stay strong for him through the rough times i.e. Training, there is no reason whatsoever why you wont all enjoy the lifestyle during the years that follow. For instance the fact that you will be able to get Service Families Accommodation together when he passes out and gets to a Unit in Taunton, Arbroath (Scotland) or Plymouth. The houses at all three are really good value for money, I have spent a lot of my years in them and have no complaints. Along with this you get to be part of the Family too, you can be involved as much as you wish, Barbecues in the Summer, company when your bloke is away (You will all be in the same boat!) my missus loves it she meets up with loads of other Marines partners on a regular basis and wouldnt know what to do if I left and moved back home! With regards to your little Girl, did you realise that she will be entitled to Private Education at 10 - 20 percent of the cost, the Corps will pay for your child or children by then to recieve the best Education in the Country!

This just touches the surface, it aint all bad, sure it looks it when you check the news most days, but imagine if he didnt give it a shot, he would always look back and wonder...what if?

If you want some more advice try the 'Royal Marine WAG's' on Facebook they seem to keep busy chatting about stuff.

Hope this helps

Take Care

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Hi Carlie,

Firstly lets get something straight here, I dont think its appropriate that certain people giving advice on here think they are being 'Pro Corps' by whats been said, especially seeing as the guy thats made these comments is still yet to conduct Training!

Your mis understanding me i gave a opinion. different from advice.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Carlie: i'm going through selection *text deleted*, and it sounds like i'm at the same stage as yourpartner, my girlfriend and i have been together 3 years now and have lived together for most of them, she's starting a PGCE in sept and i'm hoping to start RT around Oct time. she has gone through similar worries (though, so far as i'm aware, we dont yet have children) there are forums for wives and partners and plenty of groups EG "the rear party" (http://www.rearparty.co.uk/) saw this thread on it and thought it might be of use to you (has anyone else noticed how often i write that??): http://www.rearparty.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4183#80122) or on face books there's a wags support groupy thing but as MMM1664 said you should be able to get support from others in the same situation
though it should be noticed that the brigade is about to go on deployment so i'd imagine even if he started RT today he would be deployed for another 18 months from now.
Statistically speaking i believe the armed forces in general does have a fairly high level of separations though i believe the marines are substantially lower due lack of changing residential overseas deployment etc.

Sam

Reaction score
Carlie,listen to MMM1664.
I was married whilst serving and it does work!
The housings good value and as has been said there is a community spirit amongst the families at home.
I also know of several people who have had relationships whilst going through Training.
Most of them are still together!!
Give all the support he needs to achieve his dream,He will need it.
He has a testing time ahead and does not need too bigger distractions.
Your little one will adapt and with your help will certainly remember her Dad(Trust me been there done that)
Listen to those that have been there,not to those who have yet to go.
All the best to both of you,hang in there kiddo.
Steve

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Daniel I've deleted your thread, without agreeing or disagreeing with it. It was brought up in the other thread and I'm trying to keep this less confrontational.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well what a piss take this is! This person certainly got the attention they want. Laptops do NOT carry IP addresses, they are specific to the location (house) you are in.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
It's not too much of a problem, the points raised are valid for any girlfriends or wives reading it.

If some sad loser wants to waste their time then that's up to them. It's important though that we give everyone (new users) the benefit of the doubt until we know with good reason that not to be true.

Unfortunately the guys joining up will always get jealousy from those that can't or won't, that's the reason these people turn up round here.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
If that is 100% what he wants to do then it looks like you should support him and have to go through the pain of not seeing him for a while. its not like he is going away forever, and he will get time off every now and then.

*text deleted*, wats going on with this other thread thing???

:shakehands:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
*text deleted*, wats going on with this other thread thing???

:shakehands:

The person who wrote the first post was a bloke, not a girlfriend. Bit wierd how people get their kicks but each to their own.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
The person who wrote the first post was a bloke, not a girlfriend. Bit wierd how people get their kicks but each to their own.

Sorry *text deleted* just got back after a trip, let me guess this carlie was a fraudIs that right?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
apparently. they are also known as dannyboy on here. go figure.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
That seems to be the case

I thought as much, thus me being a *text deleted**text deleted*!

I dint want to say it was a fraud becasue if it wasnt....i would have looked a even bigger *text deleted**text deleted* than the *text deleted**text deleted* i allready am.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem at anybody that has doubts about someones credibility and posting to say so. So please feel free to report any of their posts to the mods and admins. All I will say is that you would not believe the number of walts that are trying to post on here at the moment, it's pretty funny to see.

As far as I am concerned if they want to waste their own time then so be it. We'll delete it seconds what it takes them hours to write.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem at anybody that has doubts about someones credibility and posting to say so. So please feel free to report any of their posts to the mods and admins. All I will say is that you would not believe the number of walts that are trying to post on here at the moment, it's pretty funny to see.

As far as I am concerned if they want to waste their own time then so be it. We'll delete it seconds what it takes them hours to write.

Can i wind them up for a while though please?

New Threads