Please be honest guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlie

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just looking for some honest advice and answers to put my mind at ease.
My partner is in the process of joining the Royal Marines he only has his PRMC to do.
We have been together for 4 years now since i was just 15 and him 16, we lived together for 3 years of that and have a 1year old Daughter.
We are very close an as you can imagine i will find it hard as the last 3 years we have spent every single night together.

I really really dont want him to go as i love him to pieces and our Daughter is very young she will not know him when he comes home which is very sad.
I have been completely supportive of him as i know its what his allways wanted to do since a young age. I will continue to support him too and will try my hardest not to stand in his way as i do not want him regretting not going in years to come.

Basically i feel most people who join are not in such a serious relationship with kids like we are, im sure theres guys that go who have long term gf's but not actually lived with them ect.
And i feel that alot of you find *text deleted* partners or settle down with *text deleted* partners and have children once you are alreday in the Royal Marines, which is much better as then they havent got to ajust to a big change.

I am terrified that things are not going to work as me and my daughter Tia are going to have to ajust in such a big way, and deep down i know im going to find it very hard and get lonely, i also have the fear that he will meet somebody else or we will drift apart ect. I dont know what to do what are the chances of things working and whats the chances of things failing?

I love Daniel L*text deleted**text deleted**text deleted** to pieces and we are engaged and so on, and i will support him the best i can and see how things go when he goes,
but on the other hand i need to think of my Daughter too, am i better off breaking away now whatever the heart ache to save a break up further down the line affecting her????

I know when he had his interview they didnt want to accept him as our Daughter so young but becuase of his will to want to join so uch they proceeded.

Blimey thats a long Thread *text deleted* anyways if you could just be honest for my Daughters sake and let me *text deleted* what you think of this situation it will be much appreciated.

Carlie

brummielad

Reaction score
Support him 100%. He ll need you and your daughter behind him. I understand what you are thinking but if you love him and he loves you things can work, of course they can hes not going away forever. I myself have a girlfriend of which i have been with for 3 years now, obviously nothing compared to your situation but its going to be hard leaving her. I just promised that every secound i have spare i will devote to her and her only, and asked her to stand by me. Its going to be difficult for your daughter but you should not feel lonely you can put all your attention and effort into raising her knowing her father is a Royal Marine. Dont think he is joining to break free, many people want a crack at this carearr but not many have the bollocks too. If you beleive yourself things can work then they will. Do not give up on your relationship like many do.

carlie

Reaction score
thanks to those who replied its appreciated, and who ever just wrote that then got rid of it wat an insensitive w*text deleted**text deleted*r.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
was that u who wrote that?
Look love its nothing personal.....but i wont bull*text deleted**text deleted* you.

You may think im a knob, insensitive, or a *text deleted**text deleted* (even all three) But ill tell you the truth (or my opinion) and there will be no thrills and whistle with it.

Life is life, people come and people go....no difference if your a marine or not.

*text deleted* said this before and ill say this again. There are two families in the Marines....the ones with Green Berets and the ones at home. The two will not mix, and when the call of duty comes....sorry but the former is more important.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
stacka is right... but also brummielad is right... things DO work out.. but i guess marines will always be first....

dont really know how else to put it =/

sorry if i have offended you in anyway.

james

EDIT : just read your post again. i heard that you have thought with breaking with him now, DONT do that. the psychological stress that will put on him ASWELL as marines will be hard to deal with as brummie said support him 100% let him know you are there for him all the time, he may get all defensive acting the tough man but really he is feeling good because you are not going to leave him behind. even when he starts training when he calls or comes home on leave reassure him that you are there if he needs help or anything. DO NOT ask him to come home(quit training that is), this can *text deleted**text deleted* up his career which he will later regret greatly like many guys on this forum. Hope i helped in some way...

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Stacka I didn't edit your post I deleted it.

People come on here for advice not to be abused. I had a go at someone claiming to be a girlfriend last week because I thought and still do that they were an imposter.

Your having a go at someone for simply wanting advice. By doing this you are going to piss of every RM staff member who comes to this site that has a wife or girlfriend and may want advice.

How do you think they feel reading something like that?

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Stacka I didn't edit your post I deleted it.

People come on here for advice not to be abused. I had a go at someone claiming to be a girlfriend last week because I thought and still do that they were an imposter.

Your having a go at someone for simply wanting advice. By doing this you are going to piss of every RM staff member who comes to this site that has a wife or girlfriend and may want advice.

How do you think they feel reading something like that?
Hang on so in some way its ok for you to "have a go" yet its not ok for me to state the truth...which was asked for i.e. "Please be honest guys"

GreyWing.....i wotn bull*text deleted**text deleted* any one, i speak my mind and be myself. My motives here is to learn and meet the lads im going to train beside.....posts like this make me wonder what exactly your motives are?

So what your saying is life is full of jumping lambs, butterflies, and rainbows.....i think you have been sitting infront of the PC too long mate.

If RM staff have girlfiends and wifes.....good for them, they obviously work well. And i would imagine they dont need to go on a PRMC website to get advice on how to run their relationship.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hang on so in some way its ok for you to "have a go" yet its not ok for me to state the truth...which was asked for i.e. "Please be honest guys"
Like I said above why I had a go at someone asking for other people's contact details, which is different from your motives.

GreyWing.....i wotn bull*text deleted**text deleted* any one, i speak my mind and be myself. My motives here is to learn and meet the lads im going to train beside.....posts like this make me wonder what exactly your motives are?
My motives are quite simple, to give young lads the same chances I got in life, the same chances that the Royal Marines gave me.

So what your saying is life is full of jumping lambs, butterflies, and rainbows.....i think you have been sitting infront of the PC too long mate.

If RM staff have girlfiends and wifes.....good for them, they obviously work well. And i would imagine they dont need to go on a PRMC website to get advice on how to run their relationship.
Why don't you keep those thoughts to yourself, what benefit are you giving to the site or individual by bringing people down?

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Like I said above why I had a go at someone asking for other people's contact details, which is different from your motives.

My motives are quite simple, to give young lads the same chances I got in life, the same chances that the Royal Marines gave me.

Why don't you keep those thoughts to yourself, what benefit are you giving to the site or individual by bringing people down?
Man you by your self will slowly bring this site down, your like a dog you always have the last bark. *text deleted* lost count of the amount of people you have banned.

I think this forum's direction needs to be defined a bit more form now on because its changed since *text deleted* been here..... Opinions not welcome, if you say something greywing doesnt like.....the post gets deleted.

Is that realy giving every one the same chance?

Also this is turning into the other Millitary Forum, something Ninja promised us all wouldnt happen.....but be my guest ban me. See how things go.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Man you by your self will slowly bring this site down, your like a dog you always have the last bark. *text deleted* lost count of the amount of people you have banned.
You struggle with numbers past zero? or perhaps you could name one for the forum to understand your point of view.

Your post was deleted by me, no other mods, 100% by me. I thought it was offensive and I won't allow people on this site to be abused.

MMM1664

Sergeant RM
Reaction score
Calm it!

Look love its nothing personal.....but i wont bull*text deleted**text deleted* you.

You may think im a knob, insensitive, or a *text deleted**text deleted* (even all three) But ill tell you the truth (or my opinion) and there will be no thrills and whistle with it.

Life is life, people come and people go....no difference if your a marine or not.

*text deleted* said this before and ill say this again. There are two families in the Marines....the ones with Green Berets and the ones at home. The two will not mix, and when the call of duty comes....sorry but the former is more important.

Hi Carlie,

Firstly lets get something straight here, I dont think its appropriate that certain people giving advice on here think they are being 'Pro Corps' by whats been said, especially seeing as the guy thats made these comments is still yet to conduct Training!

Anyhow, take it from me, I have 2 kids and have been a Royal Marine for 12 years now, the reality is, yes it is hard and I will not try to make you believe its not, however if you can stay strong for him through the rough times i.e. Training, there is no reason whatsoever why you wont all enjoy the lifestyle during the years that follow. For instance the fact that you will be able to get Service Families Accommodation together when he passes out and gets to a Unit in Taunton, Arbroath (Scotland) or Plymouth. The houses at all three are really good value for money, I have spent a lot of my years in them and have no complaints. Along with this you get to be part of the Family too, you can be involved as much as you wish, Barbecues in the Summer, company when your bloke is away (You will all be in the same boat!) my missus loves it she meets up with loads of other Marines partners on a regular basis and wouldnt know what to do if I left and moved back home! With regards to your little Girl, did you realise that she will be entitled to Private Education at 10 - 20 percent of the cost, the Corps will pay for your child or children by then to recieve the best Education in the Country!

This just touches the surface, it aint all bad, sure it looks it when you check the news most days, but imagine if he didnt give it a shot, he would always look back and wonder...what if?

If you want some more advice try the 'Royal Marine WAG's' on Facebook they seem to keep busy chatting about stuff.

Hope this helps

Take Care

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
You struggle with numbers past zero? or perhaps you could name one for the forum to understand your point of view.

Your post was deleted by me, no other mods, 100% by me. I thought it was offensive and I won't allow people on this site to be abused.
Good lad, so let me get this straight.....you sit and delete posts that upset you a little. And well.....thats it. Man your degree must have been hardwork.

Your not in the marines, four weeks training i hear (i cant varify if that true obviously)

I dont abuse any one, i say it how it is. If you dont like life as it is......well RM training is going to be hard work....because from what i hear everyday of your RM training is a big reality check.

So GW, how exactly would you like me to behave. Can you show me the guide lines for the forum. Oh wait a min.....there arent any are there.

So i need some sort of clarification as to "YOUR" definition to the word Abuse, just so that one knows how one should conduct oneself.

Danny Lake

Reaction score
Sorry to jump in on this Grey Wing but I can’t help it.

I think this forum's direction needs to be defined a bit more form now on because its changed since *text deleted* been here..... Opinions not welcome, if you say something greywing doesnt like.....the post gets deleted.
Stacka, have you thought that maybe the fact things have changed since you arrived is no coincidence, and maybe has something to do with your abusive attitude. Only a few weeks back you upset a few people in the current affairs section by jumping in and abusing people for taking an interest in a subject which you admitted yourself you didn’t “give a *text deleted**text deleted*” about.

I am all in favour of honesty, but there is honesty and then there a patronising, unqualified and arrogant attitude that get’s people riled up. I think it is you that has the problem, not anybody else.

All I can say is thank god everybody else on this website is nothing like you, because there is no way I would want to stand next to somebody with your attitude and risk my life.

There are two families in the Marines....the ones with Green Berets and the ones at home. The two will not mix, and when the call of duty comes....sorry but the former is more important.
Like the rest of us you are not in the Royal Marines yet, so how the *text deleted* would you know?

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Like the rest of us you are not in the Royal Marines yet, so how the *text deleted* would you know?
How the *text deleted**text deleted* would i know.

2 mates serving, one in our local firebrigade who has retired a few years back.

Publishing their names woudl be stupid, but they like to read this site from time to time when they have their time.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Stacka I left the marines at week 6-7, and with the confidence the marines gave me I set up my own business and my life has changed full circle.

I went from a guy that got homesick after 2 days away from home, to a guy that look after himself in life, all in 6 weeks of RM training. I have no regrets and no anger about anything in my life.

The site is setup to give others the same opportunity to turn their lives around, just like they gave me.

The site is here to help people not bring them down, I will delete any post that does not fit that attitude.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Hi Carlie,

Firstly lets get something straight here, I dont think its appropriate that certain people giving advice on here think they are being 'Pro Corps' by whats been said, especially seeing as the guy thats made these comments is still yet to conduct Training!
Your mis understanding me i gave a opinion. different from advice.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think it is a good idea, and maybe others that we delete all the abusive and argumentitive posts because you are clutering her thread because no she is going to have to surf through loads of that *text deleted**text deleted* to get to the ones that are relavent to her and i would be pissed if my thread was ruined like this...

only a thought?

Danny Lake

Reaction score
i think it is a good idea, and maybe others that we delete all the abusive and argumentitive posts because you are clutering her thread because no she is going to have to surf through loads of that *text deleted**text deleted* to get to the ones that are relavent to her and i would be pissed if my thread was ruined like this...

only a thought?

I would disagree there mate and say it is a good idea to leave them up. At least then she will be able to see that Stacka doesn't speak for the rest of us. Just my opinion, feel free to tell me to bog off.

Status
Not open for further replies.