Pmu

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by john lewis, Dec 27, 2016.

1. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Had a few nights of feeling shit, head butting a wall and crying but decided today I need to stop being a *text deleted* and try to sort this. So I'm looking for some advice as I have been made pmu and looking on advice on how I'd go about sorting it out!
    I've been made pmu for having overlapping toes and scaring on the toes.
    The first thing is if any one could help me find out if there's any point appealing this pmu? And how I'd go about that if so?
    My next question would be if it would be correctable? Planning on going to a podiatrist for my overlapping toes and to the dermatologist for the scars.
    Just in case anyone knows about this my little toes very slightly underlap the toe next to it and I've had no issues with. The scaring is from jet spraying my toes and have never had any rubbing off them

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm sorry mate, I'm no doctor but I imagine that even if there is a treatment for the toes, it would be down the line of insoles and likely a PMU in itself. Always give fighting it a go, nothing left to lose but, in all honesty, I doubt you'll have much luck. Keep us updated mate.

3. john lewis

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks for the response

• Seen Seen x 1
  4. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    After I quick google, a good way of self treatment would be to get hold of some ladies toe separators (for toe nail painting) to keep them apart during the day. I doubt they would fit your shoes but you could maybe wear them at night.

• Like Like x 1
  5. john lewis

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thankyou mate means a lot! Will look into it and see what I can sort! I would try find a picture on google to show they overlap but the ones on google images are all majorly overlapping

6. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    @john lewis I would suggest starting an app for the Army or RAF for a corps/regiment that can help you reach your goal or make a new goal
    Anything in the RAF or Army interest you?

• Like Like x 1
  7. john lewis

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Think the issue with the raf is capita do the medical so it's the same medical process! I've always had an interest in the paras, however not willing to give up yet on joining the marines.

8. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Army medical is different so may let you
    24 or 29 Cdo?
    It's not bad to revise goals if it ends up at the same point with you serving and you being happy/proud/challenged enough. Definitely have a look and maybe list the regiments/corps and battalions etc you would want to try for if this goes south. If you start now less wait later no?

• Like Like x 2
  9. john lewis

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks pal, going to pop into my AFCO in January and speak to the careers adviser

10. wellmemedmyboy

wellmemedmyboy Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Good idea. The app is easy to fill too. Good luck mate

• Like Like x 1
  11. john lewis

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Cheers mate